Sun Belt Conference releases new logo

Harry

Move on from the Sun Belt, folks, a conference which still has not had "1" team ranked in a Top 25 football poll....so just move on as most of us have from those 12 long years of an NCAA D1-AA classification which we all know what that did for way too many of our fellow alums who graduated from UNT during that 12 year era or what our being at that level for 12 years did to the perceptions of those masses of our critics who will most always live on..........perceptions. We cannot change that part about people other than go on a 25 year winning streak in football and basketball which seems to have worked for our former conference-mate the Boise State University Broncos--a school which once had a truck driving school as part of its academic offerings to its students. BSU's success in athletics seems to have erased that memory for the Boise-based school.

It's CUSA now and to copy-cat TCU, SMU and UH......let's also keep looking for something even better down the road along with the success we will have because it's "OUR" time to have that success (coupled with the larger turnstile numbers that will be commensurate with our school's on campus growth.........our school's home city's growth; our school's home county's growth and even morso, the staggering growth of the entire region of its location, ie, the North Texas Metroplex where no other university in Texas (including UT and TAMU) can touch our numbers of North Texas alums in DFW.

In deed, keep those good memories of 4 nationally televised bowl games the Mean Green participated in last decade which to many viewers on the USA's East and West coast was our school's first introduction but otherwise............just move on. Do what you want but this is just my take on this subject.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Don't care what the Belt does anymore, but wonder why so many derogatory comments about a conference NT was in for over a decade. The Belt was a good home when NT had to have one and NT certainly never proved that they were superior in anyway.

We are all happy to move on but nearly half the conference some are making fun of is coming with us. Right now there is very little differences in the quality of the competition, although that will widen with time.

The remarks I am referring to have nothing to do with the logo, I don't like that either.

• Upvote 3

That new logo screams "1970's" to me. I can't decide if I think it's retro or outdated. It looks like something you'd see on a commercial break from Paul Boesch's Houston Wrestling. Saturday nights, 10:30 pm, on KHTV Channel 39.

Oh my............:).................Paul Boesch--a name I haven't heard in decades. Guess those from the H-Town area and from that era know what age group we are...right, RushnStudies?

Next thing you know you'll be dropping the name of KTRK's "Kiterick" or even that old Houston TV cowboy personality Utah Carl and who was that agriculture show Neil Sperry-type who was killed in that plane crash en route to a Texas Aggie game?

GMG!