David Blough, QB Carrollton Creekview

Marty

We know this family, have insured them for years, both his parents and his grandparents. It's a good family. Hard workers. His grandfather, who played college basketball, worked damn near until he died at the age of 81. Didn't need to, but just believed in hard work. You couldn't find a more honest and hardworking man than this kid's granddad, I can assure you.

My dad and I have been watching highlight videos of David for a few months. He's impressive. It'd be great if we could suit up for the Mean Green one day. My fear is that he'll soon have many offers from schools perceived to be farther up the food chain than UNT.

• Upvote 3

We know this family, have insured them for years, both his parents and his grandparents. It's a good family. Hard workers. His grandfather, who played college basketball, worked damn near until he died at the age of 81. Didn't need to, but just believed in hard work. You couldn't find a more honest and hardworking man than this kid's granddad, I can assure you.

My dad and I have been watching highlight videos of David for a few months. He's impressive. It'd be great if we could suit up for the Mean Green one day. My fear is that he'll soon have many offers from schools perceived to be farther up the food chain than UNT.

Invite him and his family to a tailgate.

Maybe we can impress/influence him.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up an offer from Purdue in May and accepted it at their camp over the weekend. On Rivals...and, text from his mom.

Crazy. Offers from Memphis and Purdue. They have ties up there. Grandad was from Illinois, played basketball in college at Carleton in Minnesota, and got a Master's at U Chicago.

They stayed in Chicago for many years (most of his mom's young life) before moving to Dallas. So, they've got family and friends up there. Purdue is about 120 miles from Chicago.

WARNING TO DARRELL DICKEY HATERS: It was Dickey who recruited him for Memphis - http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1508525

Recruiting for Purdue, former NFL QB coach John Shoop, currently the Boilermakers' OC/QB coach.

Good kid from a good family. It'll be fun to see him develop over the next four or five years. Wish it was going to be in Denton: https://twitter.com/David_Blough10

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

• 6 years later...