"The Pesky Mean Green"

foutsrouts

Am I the only one who gets pissed off by that kind of a segue on the front page of the DMN? It sounds as if we are a lower division team going against a higher division team. Can you imagine someone referring to UT-Austin as "pesky" when going against a higher ranked team? Not happy about Vito's presentation of the game. Sensitive or not, I think I'll cancel my subscription. About time anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Am I the only one who gets pissed off by that kind of a segue on the front page of the DMN? It sounds as if we are a lower division team going against a higher division team. Can you imagine someone referring to UT-Austin as "pesky" when going against a higher ranked team? Not happy about Vito's presentation of the game. Sensitive or not, I think I'll cancel my subscription. About time anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. Some of his other quotes from this year's team:

Mean Green Blog: "The Mean Green hung with one of the top teams in the country until the Wildcats superior talent took over..." Really? I didn't think it was that much better.

Mean Green Blog: "The other notable talk from today’s call was about Western Kentucky’s win over Kentucky (think UNT beating Texas or Texas A&M) ..." Kentucky is far from a UT or A&M.

There were a few others that stood out to me, but I am not finding them at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mean Green Blog: "The other notable talk from today’s call was about Western Kentucky’s win over Kentucky (think UNT beating Texas or Texas A&M) ..." Kentucky is far from a UT or A&M.

HAHAHAHAHAHA......

Vito is so funny sometimes.

It's more like UNT beating Indiana... which UNT did last year...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

HAHAHAHAHAHA......

Vito is so funny sometimes.

It's more like UNT beating Indiana... which UNT did last year...

I think he's trying to insinuate that WKU beating KU is a very big deal within the state of Kentucky. Like UNT beating A&M or Texas would be in Texas... Problem is, KY is a basketball state, so until WKU beats KU in basketball, people won't really care. It would be like UNT beating Texas A&M in basketball. Big deal for UNT fans, kinda bad news for A&M fans. Not so huge for the rest of the state.

The other quote, that I can't find at this time, was regarding the LSU game and how we were physically manhandled by the Tigers. Funny, I seem to recall more LSU players being helped off the field than any of our players. He referenced Cantly and Sarge, yet they are only out for a couple of days.

I think he's trying to insinuate that WKU beating UK is a very big deal within the state of Kentucky. Like UNT beating A&M or Texas would be in Texas... Problem is, KY is a basketball state, so until WKU beats UK in basketball, people won't really care. It would be like UNT beating Texas A&M in basketball. Big deal for UNT fans, kinda bad news for A&M fans. Not so huge for the rest of the state.

Fixed. (I know I'm being anal, but my family has UK ties. KU is Kansas. I have family ties there too.)

#likecallingusNTU

I can promise you the players now believe they belong with the big boys. And quite honestly that is all that matters and Vito can write whatever he wants. I will give him a little credit bc he is high Mac when he writes his colomns. He for some reason thinks we barely have a shot to get to 6-6...even though this is the damn sunbelt and we have shown more grit and toughness than I've seen since I've been watching mean green football

• Upvote 1