Banned Sooners lose scholarships

GreenBat

I hate OU but Stoops is a class coach. Does not matter if a player is a top flight starter or last on the bench...you make a big enough mistake that the player should know better, Stoops has no problem kicking him off the team.

These kids fail to realize that their road to the NFL goes through college. They risk their future by making stupid mistakes.

Well, let's hope Stoops holds his ground with these guys...might send a bit of a lesson to the team that he will no longer condone bad behavior and violations of team rules. My guess, however, is that he has players already in position that he likes as well as these guys, so it's probably not a big deal for him to dump a few trouble makers.

As laxtonto says, let's keep watching this and see if they reappear this fall on the team.

• Upvote 1

This is just PR.. they lost their scholarships for the summer and in effect either have to pay their own way or go home. This way if they get into any more trouble they are booted and for the time being, allows OU to recruit 3 more players because they now have open scholarships for them. They will be reinstated on scholarship most likely in the fall if they stay out of trouble and OU decides that they want them back.

---I don't know the rules that well but I rather doubt they will recruit three more players.... if the scholarships are used I think they will be given to three current walk-ons. [ my guess ] I seriously doubt they will ever reappear again on the OU team... Stoops is no Barry Switzer, who broke every rule in the book.

---I don't know the rules that well but I rather doubt they will recruit three more players.... if the scholarships are used I think they will be given to three current walk-ons. [ my guess ] I seriously doubt they will ever reappear again on the OU team... Stoops is no Barry Switzer, who broke every rule in the book.

There are a finite number of scholarships so if they were to come back they would not have recruited players to replace them. Everyone resigns their scholarship annually anyway. Or at least use to. NCAA is psycho about these things. I would bet hard cash these players are done at Oklahoma.