Mid-Major Top 25

I'm starting to hate the term mid-major. People use it to describe every team that isn't in a BCS AQ conference (I mean have you ever heard a school called a low major). I think it was a good move for CUSA to ask to not be included in the mid-major poll. Keeps the image of the conference up and top teams in CUSA don't get that much of a image boast by being ranked in the poll.

To me you have these break downs of conferences:

* BCS AQ conferences - Thanks for insane football money these schools generally have best facilities and get most bids. Although something a conference can fall down to next level (see Pac 12 this year).

* Major other conferences - These conferences are on TV a lot, play in front of good size crowds and get multiple teams into NCAA tournament some years. CUSA and MWC fit in this category. But other leagues that don't play football also fall into this category like the Valley and A-10. Individual schools in these conferences are better than the bottom teams of BCS AQ conferences.

* Middle conferences - These conferences have a couple decent teams but lack depth. I think this is the true mid major schools. Sun Belt would be in this area. One bid conferences but most years a couple of teams that could beat BCS AQ teams.

* Lower conferences - Think SWAC, etc. These conferences don't have any budget and even the top teams rarely win NCAA tournament games.

• Upvote 1