Question?

Does anyone know for sure whether Aston contacted UNT about the job vacancy after Stevens was fired or did our Athletic Department contact her first? Just curious.

Since I don't work in the athletic department nor at UNT I cannot tell you for certain, but I am sure we have plenty of "experts" here on GMG.Com (and other boards) that will be more than happy to give you their expert opinion which, of course, will be billed as "inside info" or the facts.

However she got to UNT is really beside the point...she got here! And, after one year, looks like she is gone. That sucks, but good for her in landing her dream job. I hope she does very well at Texas for a long time to come and I thank her for her service while at UNT. Nice one-year and done job.

Point is, this sort of thing happens all the time...sometimes coaches seek out vacant jobs and make the first call, sometimes AD's or someone else within the Athletic Dept. makes the first contact and sometimes a school administrator outside athletics makes the contact/suggestion...who cares? I understand your question and it's a good one just for information sake...to know if Coach Aston was the one interested at first of if UNT was...so I do not quibble with your question. My frustration comes from the fact that it will probably bring out the RV haters who claim he never has anything to do with hiring good coaches and has everything to do with hiring the ones who don't work out so well. I can just see it coming.....

My question is more along the lines of if Aston expressed interest in UNT first, did she get permission from her previous employer first?

If indeed UT pursued Aston without permission (which it looks like that was the case), I'm just baffled as to why there isn't any foot stomping and lawyers lining up to take care of the issue. Maybe RV is playing it cool, and I'm totally fine with that if that's the case, but when this whole thing ends, there better be a hefty check on UT stationary heading to the UNT Athletics office.

• Upvote 2