Fate Shined on Two Arlington Martin signees

Harry

Wager said Mustafa Haboul wound up in football as a high school freshman for one simple reason -- he got in the wrong line.

“He didn’t realize he was in the line to play football,’’ Wager said. “He knew nothing about the game. All he would do was chase the ball wherever it went.’’

Haboul said basketball was the only sport he would watch in those days. He tried to watch football, but didn’t understand the game well enough to be interested.

Gradually he learned the game and he enjoyed the physical aspect.

Haboul (6-foot, 247) wound up at nose guard for the Warriors.

“Last season, we issued him a new helmet,’’ Wager said. “You should have seen that helmet after the season. It was beaten up like one I’ve never seen. It can’t even be reconditioned.’’

On Monday, two days before signing day, Haboul got a scholarship offer from the University of North Texas.

“My mom was jumping around, my dad was laughing,’’ Habou saidl. “The whole thing is amazing. I never thought I’d be a part of this today.’’

Read More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/high-school/post/_/id/10886/fate-shined-on-two-arlington-martin-signees