It Sounds Crazy, But I Like Our Team So Far

MeanGreenHoops

I know it's been a rough three weeks, but here are two reason why I'm hopeful.

1. Our team has improved every week. You can see it and with so many young players playing that is encouraging.

2. Our coaches clearly know what they are doing. So many adjustments and formations we aren't easy to gameplan for now.

Now it's up to the players. Based on their effort so far I think we'll get there. It may not be a lot of wins this year, but it's looking like there is hope again. It is clear that the team is lacking playmakers more than any team since before 2001, but I like their effort and coaching to still be respectable in conference.

After that it's all about recruiting.

I like how you think MeanGreenHoops! :D

• Upvote 3

I know it's been a rough three weeks, but here are two reason why I'm hopeful.

1. Our team has improved every week. You can see it and with so many young players playing that is encouraging.

2. Our coaches clearly know what they are doing. So many adjustments and formations we aren't easy to gameplan for now.

Now it's up to the players. Based on their effort so far I think we'll get there. It may not be a lot of wins this year, but it's looking like there is hope again. It is clear that the team is lacking playmakers more than any team since before 2001, but I like their effort and coaching to still be respectable in conference.

After that it's all about recruiting.

I agree with #1 and that is a good sign.

Way too early to agree with #2.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

And I agree with this.

I know I am setting myself up for disappointment here, but I really think we win this week.

Fair enough. #2 is probably a little knee-jerk reaction to what we've seen for the last several years.

As for this Sat., depends on the crowd bring the noise and the team believing they can win. Ok, it's not that simple, but the teams are fairly even so want-to is very important.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Fair enough. #2 is probably a little knee-jerk reaction to what we've seen for the last several years.

As for this Sat., depends on the crowd bring the noise and the team believing they can win. Ok, it's not that simple, but the teams are fairly even so want-to is very important.

I totally agree with #2. I have full faith and confidence in this staff. I think the second guessing on this board so far is unwarranted. I get it as fans, but unwarranted nonetheless. This staff is full of coaches with big skins on the wall. They know what they are doing and I am confident in them.

When I see DM speak I feel reassured about the direction of the program.

This man has already done this once before and I know he will do it again.

• Upvote 4

I totally agree with #2. I have full faith and confidence in this staff. I think the second guessing on this board so far is unwarranted. I get it as fans, but unwarranted nonetheless. This staff is full of coaches with big skins on the wall. They know what they are doing and I am confident in them.

I don't know how you can say it is unwarranted. Maybe not DM, but Chico was here all last year. A lot of the offensive players have had time, stemming from last year, to work with him and his offense. I don't know why you go with a freshmen at the goal line. I think you go with the guy that just drove you down the field. But hey, I'm no coach. That being said, I can see that this team is improving and I have faith in DM.

GMG!

• Upvote 3

Prove you can do it here, then I'll believe.

I think there is a good possibility they can, but I'm a long way from believing they can.