Alabama game thoughts?

I say we go in there with the attitude that we are going to win! WE CAN BEAT ALABAMA!!! And we need to have that attitude!

We had tremendous improvement between weeks 1 and 2. WE ARE READY!!! smile.gif

WATCH OUT CRIMSON TIDE...BECAUSE HERE COMES THE MEAN GREEN OF NORTH TEXAS!!!!!thumbsu.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I say we go in there with the attitude that we are going to win! WE CAN BEAT ALABAMA!!! And we need to have that attitude!

WATCH OUT CRIMSON TIDE...BECAUSE HERE COMES THE MEAN GREEN OF NORTH TEXAS!!!!!thumbsu.gif

Save your high school chants for your kids... This would be the biggest upset in sports history if, we won. All you can hope for is improvement not a win

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Save your high school chants for your kids... This would be the biggest upset in sports history if, we won. All you can hope for is improvement not a win

LOL....While I believe the chances of an upset are slim, I know for a fact that Coach Saban respects you guys and WILL NOT TAKE YOU LIGHTLY!!! Also, if he does get a big lead, he WILL NOT run up the score. He has way too much class and respect for the game of football and for your team. Good luck, Go Mean Grean, and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

• Upvote 1

LOL....While I believe the chances of an upset are slim, I know for a fact that Coach Saban respects you guys and WILL NOT TAKE YOU LIGHTLY!!! Also, if he does get a big lead, he WILL NOT run up the score. He has way too much class and respect for the game of football and for your team. Good luck, Go Mean Grean, and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

I see Coach Saban starting to pull his starters after Bama get a 17-21 point lead, and he feels like the game is in hand. His reason will be to get his younger players experence and to keep his starters healthy for Arkansas next weekend.

He will not try and run up the score but then again the Mean Green will have to stop the younger Tide players from scoring.

Good point. Louisiana Monroe came into Tuscaloosa a couple of years back and beat Alabama. Who would have believed that before that game? If you don't believe, you certainly won't win.

That said, the Alabama team in 2007 and this one are not the same team. Still NT players have to believe. A 46 point spread is ridiculous. If I were inclined to place a wager, I'd take NT & the points.

For an outsider, which NT player(s) should one watch on O and what defensive players bear watching?

Hearing Coach Mac last night Alabama may have 6-7 NFL prospects! They will be very tough to beat and we should hope that they have some mistakes early.

6 to 7 NFL prospects is a very low number.

According to Hank and George on the radio Saturday night, they have 8 of the top 150 overall NFL Draft prospects on Defense alone. Not to mention Barrett Jones and Trent Richardson on offense.

I'd venture to say there's 10-12 NFL prospects on the field early in the game, and when some of their young guys are in there, there's even more.

Good point. Louisiana Monroe came into Tuscaloosa a couple of years back and beat Alabama. Who would have believed that before that game? If you don't believe, you certainly won't win.

That said, the Alabama team in 2007 and this one are not the same team. Still NT players have to believe. A 46 point spread is ridiculous. If I were inclined to place a wager, I'd take NT & the points.

For an outsider, which NT player(s) should one watch on O and what defensive players bear watching?

Brelan Chancellor from the O. He is a receiver and a VERY capable kick returner. Here is some footage of him catching from the first game against FIU and his last game of the year against Kansas State. Sorry but our school chooses not to utilize a Youtube channel and instead opts for in-site (MeanGreenSports.com) videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU9iom7f3qc&feature=related

On the defense our stoutest weapon at the moment is sophomore LB Zachary Orr with 18 tackles and 1 Int on the year.

We're very proud of our Doak Walker hopeful Lance Dunbar. We have a pretty nice TE that has scored a TD (in one way or another) in both games. Our QB has all of 3 games worth of experience and our o-line is starting 2 freshmen. Our wide receivers have under-impressed so far this year, save for a young man named Brelan Chancellor. I'm sure you will hear his name called a few times on Saturday.

On defense, arguably our best player, OLB Jeremy Phillips, was injured last week and will not be on the field in Tuscaloosa. Our D-line has trouble getting pressure on the QB, but the outside pass rush is pretty quick. If they can get around your tackles, they will cause disruption. Our secondary is pretty decent, but due to the lack of pass rush will break down often. Watch for Royce Hill (CB) to cover Maze fairly well. As for Richardson, he will probably be shadowed all day by our MLB, Zach Orr. Zach will probably top 15 tackles in this game as I anticipate Richardson getting shoved down our throats.

You will be surprised by our punter (which I'm certain you will see quite often), Will Atteberry. He has been absolutely BOOMING the ball this year. Chancellor (the WR mentioned above) is an electric return man. He can make things happen when he touches the ball.

Hope that helps... I'm sure my GMG.com bretheren can help me fill in any gaps.

Go Mean Green!

The 2007 Bama team and this years team are not even in the same hemisphere. In 2007, they had talent(they beat and almost beat several VERY good teams that year) but mentally they were not there. Talent-wise and mentally, this squad is leaps and bounds ahead of the 2007 squad.

I do agree that a 46 point spread is ridiculous and no team should ever go into a game thinking that they will lose. If that's the case, then the game is over before it even starts....

This should be great practice for an Indiana team that is slightly under-performing. Barring injuries, a little time for JJ Johnson to heal and the overall speed of Alabama should be great preparation for a good game against Indiana. As a Bama fan we realize the talent differential but one thing Saban always teaches is to not play just well enough to win and to NEVER count out an opponent (see La. Tech, then throw up). I hope we have a great injury-free game, it looks like the MEAN GREEN is entering a new age of success in their program, even though there is still a ways to go. Roll Tide guys and thanks for the kind words on the board, Harry is a class-act.

This should be great practice for an Indiana team that is slightly under-performing. Barring injuries, a little time for JJ Johnson to heal and the overall speed of Alabama should be great preparation for a good game against Indiana. As a Bama fan we realize the talent differential but one thing Saban always teaches is to not play just well enough to win and to NEVER count out an opponent (see La. Tech, then throw up). I hope we have a great injury-free game, it looks like the MEAN GREEN is entering a new age of success in their program, even though there is still a ways to go. Roll Tide guys and thanks for the kind words on the board, Harry is a class-act.

Just out of curiosity, you seem to know a little bit more about the Mean Green than I would assume any fan, much less a Crimson Tide fan, would typically know, especially the part about JJ Johnson being hurt. Do you follow the Mean Green normally or are you living near a SBC school and know about us a bit more because of that? Normaly, an AQ school wouldn't even know who Lance Dunbar is, much less an injured center!!

Just out of curiosity, you seem to know a little bit more about the Mean Green than I would assume any fan, much less a Crimson Tide fan, would typically know, especially the part about JJ Johnson being hurt. Do you follow the Mean Green normally or are you living near a SBC school and know about us a bit more because of that? Normaly, an AQ school wouldn't even know who Lance Dunbar is, much less an injured center!!

Not to answer for my fellow Bama fan but you will find that UA fans tend to scout out all opponents. I have heard it said many times "Bama fans tend to know an opposing team better than many of it's own fans".