The Mean Green at the beach

Travis Scott

IMG_0712.JPG011.JPG

just wanted to share that good vibes about the Mean Green are not just here in North Texas. My bride and I went to southern California last week for our 10 year anniversary. I proudly wore mostly UNT gear (did go to a Rangers/Angels game so had Rangers stuff then) and I had a few good conversations from some of the locals about what's going on here. They actually approached me and asked about Coach Mac and the new stadium. I was a little blown away that they knew about all that so I made sure they weren't people from Texas on vacation like us. He said nope, we're just college football fans from LA. One guy did say his daughter was considering UNT for their music program and he had heard about the donations that just went down. It was cool to be on the beach talking UNT football.

• Upvote 1

I had a Mean Green shirt on at a Fun Run in Boston last weekend.

A guy came up to me and told me he was a North Texas grad. Turns out his wife was attending the same meeting as I, and works in FW with Alcon.

I told him to forget everything he knows about North Texas football in the past, and to get his butt to Denton to see the stadium....AND the team!

On the shuttle bus to my car on the way home, a lady asked me if my ring was an Aggie ring (I often get asked that). Started talking about NT and the shuttle driver told me he lives in Argyle (he did not go to NT) and he plans on taking his family to a couple of games this year at the new stadium.

He who is used to the comfort of a wide open section G on fall Saturday afternoons is about to feel crowded...and it is good.

GMG

On the shuttle bus to my car on the way home, a lady asked me if my ring was an Aggie ring ...

GMG

I get this and use it as a segway so many times it's not even funny. Once I point out the eagles wings on the sides, they typically get the difference pretty quick, but that big star on top.

IMG_0712.JPG011.JPG

just wanted to share that good vibes about the Mean Green are not just here in North Texas. My bride and I went to southern California last week for our 10 year anniversary. I proudly wore mostly UNT gear (did go to a Rangers/Angels game so had Rangers stuff then) and I had a few good conversations from some of the locals about what's going on here. They actually approached me and asked about Coach Mac and the new stadium. I was a little blown away that they knew about all that so I made sure they weren't people from Texas on vacation like us. He said nope, we're just college football fans from LA. One guy did say his daughter was considering UNT for their music program and he had heard about the donations that just went down. It was cool to be on the beach talking UNT football.

10 years and 12 kids. How did that happen?