Unt Wrap Up Spring Season With Draw Vs. Ou

UNTDude

UNT wrapped up their spring season with a 0-0 draw verse the Sooners in Norman. The defense limited OU's chances for the most part to manageable shots from distance, and Haley Newsom played well in goal preserve the shut out. Offensively, UNT won the possession game against a very physical OU squad. UNT had their chances with Kelsey Perlman and Michele Young having multiple near misses on goal. What was most impressive was the big turn out of UNT supporters....lots of UNT students showed up to support the girls ...even friends from OU made mention of the great UNT support.

All in all the girls played very well this spring against high quality opponents from the Big 12, SEC, and Conference USA (Record 3-2-2) All matches were played on the road away from the Mean Green Soccer Complex. With a strong freshman recruiting class (added depth), there is a lot to be optimistic about heading into next year.

Giant Killers - Wish I could have been there. Nice to hear we had alot of fans drive up like the TCU win (great support). I heard OU has a tremendous soccer facility, had a chance to see OU play in the Big 12 championship game last fall so once again a very nice result along with beating Arkansas.

To bad these games are not at home but great spring ladies!! You and coach Hedlund always make us proud, cant wait until next fall to watch another exciting winning season.

Road Warriors! Way to go ladies...you did the Mean green proud once again. I believe the future is very bright for this team and I cannot wait to see the action next fall...even some at home. Nice! Maybe some of these teams will start playing UNT at home in the spring soon...never the less...great job ladies.

GO MEAN GREEN!