Thought On The Exhibition

chrisfisher

I am surprised we didn't see Avery Redmond last night.

I was excited we signed Edwards, but are starting to get a little concerned. He didn't do much last night and the reports (rumors?) of knee problems doesn't help my confident either. We absolutely need a solid replacement for Tramiel's minutes.

I was excited we signed Edwards, but are starting to get a little concerned. He didn't do much last night and the reports (rumors?) of knee problems doesn't help my confident either. We absolutely need a solid replacement for Tramiel's minutes.

He seemed very stiff and almost uncoordinated moving around last night. There might be something to the reports/rumors.

• Upvote 1

I hope we don't end up missing a solid replacement for Tramiel's low post game. I don't see that replacement on this roster. Edwards is not a back to the basket guy. Really wish we would have gotten another JUCO banger to fill this role.

EDIT: Really, really disappointing to see Knox get position in the low post, get the ball, and then blow a bunny layup. Screamed soft. At 6'10", he has got to go up and flush that shot with authority. Not aggresive at all. Huge concerns about getting any meaningful production from him this year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

I hope we don't end up missing a solid replacement for Tramiel's low post game. I don't see that replacement on this roster. Edwards is not a back to the basket guy. Really wish we would have gotten another JUCO banger to fill this role.

EDIT: Really, really disappointing to see Knox get position in the low post, get the ball, and then blow a bunny layup. Screamed soft. At 6'10", he has got to go up and flush that shot with authority. Not aggresive at all. Huge concerns about getting any meaningful production from him this year.

Be careful what you say. I made a Knox comment last year and really riled up the masses. I've had these thoughts all along about him!

• Upvote 1

He's a true freshman walk-on. Behind at least one other walk-on guard (and maybe two? Is Nick Goff gone?) that actually has game experience.

If we see see Avery Redmond on the court outside of the waning minutes of a blowout in the middle of the season, I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Definitely not in a tune-up exhibition when we need to get two returning injured guys and two relatively inexperienced inside guys (Knox and Edwards) into the flow of game action.

He's a true freshman walk-on. Behind at least one other walk-on guard (and maybe two? Is Nick Goff gone?) that actually has game experience.

If we see see Avery Redmond on the court outside of the waning minutes of a blowout in the middle of the season, I'll be shocked and disappointed.

Definitely not in a tune-up exhibition when we need to get two returning injured guys and two relatively inexperienced inside guys (Knox and Edwards) into the flow of game action.

I thought I recalled that Coach Jones said that Avery's abilities actually exceeded expectations and that he might get a scholy at some point. Perhaps I am misremembering this...

I thought I recalled that Coach Jones said that Avery's abilities actually exceeded expectations and that he might get a scholy at some point. Perhaps I am misremembering this...

Right or wrong...it doesn't change the fact that he is a true freshman walk-on.