Todd Dodge & Riley Dodge Are Not Winners, They're Whiners!

MeanGreen01

This team has no leadership. The lack of leadership with this team is causing the close loses. We have the athletes. The head coach (Dodge) and quarterback (Riley) are far from leaders. It's a shame that our offensive coordinator has to pull Riley Dodge out to WR and let Lance Dunbar run the offense with the Wildcat.

Hats off to you Lance Dunbar, hell of a game. Todge is totally accountable for this teams problems. He has failed to stop his players from foolish penalties....over 5 personal fouls in one game. Of which, Royce Hill had 2 personal fouls. A real coach would have discipline within his team and would not allow this to happen.

I was a supporter of Todge until now. He has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to lead a DI college football team to championships..... or even win 2 games back2back since he's been here. Maybe it's time he step down and finally have success again in 4A or 5A High School Football.

A new stadium, a new head coach, a new beginning for North Texas Football in 2011!!

Go Mean Green

How sad...they were winners last week and goats this week. Youthful exuberance, that’s all I can say.

• Upvote 1

Well let me explain how the coach's are responsible for personal fouls.

When a single player has 2 personal fouls and the coach doesn't take the player out of the game, at least for one play, it sends a message to the rest of the team that this type of behavior is tolerated and excepted. A coach, especially the head coach, is the boss and leader of the team.

Just like in our own careers. For example: If you do something wrong at work and it has a negative effect on your company, wouldn't you expect your boss to say something?? If you did it again within the same day....or in this case, the same game....what would you expect a leader to do??? Continue to let it happen? A leader??

That's what I mean.

On the dropped passes. I don't think that a couple loses due to dropped balls is the coach's fault. But I do think that it happening this many times, losing as many close games as we have, has to be some of the coach's fault. Having a winning attitude and a belief that no matter what, we are winning this game. By having this attitude, you may not win them all, but you should and will win more than One back2back wins in 6 years!!!!

Go Mean Green

You are being a clown.

You either need to drink more, so you pass out and stop typing.

Or you need to have a drink and chill the fack out.

You are all over the place.

Waste a timeout to yell at a player?

Pull out your only goto DB for a play -- when we have recent history of giving up the quick big play scores?

Blaming the son for the father's poor performance?

Riley led this team tonight. Led them to a comeback and played his ass off.. he had some bone headed moves (illegal foward pass), but he was great tonight. Ran the ball. Took big hits without fumbling. Made plays with his legs. Avoided sacks and threw for first downs on the run. He handed off the ball on the zone read to (your favorite) Dunbar more often than not. What the hell do you want?

He gives this team the best chance to win. A 4th string freshman does NOT.

Look, this sucks for everyone involved and no one is happy with the outcome. I drove nearly 8 hours today with a pregnant wife to come see this game in person. I JUST got home and I am more calm than you. And all you did was waste $30 on PPV.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Downvote 1

You are all over a player for was 70% on completions ( 22/31) with two TDs and didn't fumble while getting hammered all game? Who took this team back 13 pts in the 4th quarter -- to be in the position to go to over time?

Seriously, pour more bourbon down your throat.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You are being a clown.

You either need to drink more, so you pass out and stop typing.

Or you need to have a drink and chill the fack out.

You are all over the place.

Waste a timeout to yell at a player?

Pull out your only goto DB for a play -- when we have recent history of giving up the quick big play scores?

Blaming the son for the father's poor performance?

Riley led this team tonight. Led them to a comeback and played his ass off.. he had some bone headed moves (illegal foward pass), but he was great tonight. Ran the ball. Took big hits without fumbling. Made plays with his legs. Avoided sacks and threw for first downs on the run. He handed off the ball on the zone read to (your favorite) Dunbar more often than not. What the hell do you want?

He gives this team the best chance to win. A 4th string freshman does NOT.

Look, this sucks for everyone involved and no one is happy with the outcome. I drove nearly 8 hours today with a pregnant wife to come see this game in person. I JUST got home and I am more calm than you. And all you did was waste $30 on PPV.

I'm saying to do something different than what they are currently doing. Over 5 Personal fouls is crazy.

Tell me when in the past 6 years we could afford to give up nearly 100 yards in personal foul penalties alone. Look at all the games that we lost by 5 points or less. Bone head plays will get you beat.

Yes, waste a timeout to let your team know this isn't going to be tolerated. Todge job is on the line and these type of penalties don't help his case. Besides, 3 of the personal fouls came on 3rd Down when we ended up stopping them. But instead of them punting, 1st and 10 La La. I would think about stopping it ASAP before it could cost you any more close games!!!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1