A New Field General ?

greeneagle69

As a not so casual observer, I'm very disappointed for Nathan that after all his work and dedication and surely some disappointments along the way...that he has to go thru THIS setback. He is one cool customer back in the pocket, always shows class and control.

That being said, I'm very relieved that we have a guy like Thompson to step in and keep things moving. We have not always had that "luxury" as I recall; there was always alot of doubt and fear concerning the backups. Right now we have 2 really great go-to guys who seem to be able to respond at the drop of a hat and perform at a high level immediately. This part doesnt scare me.

NOW, that being said....we will surely see Riley back at QB more often. Will we get to use his great abilities to keep things crazy and exciting and drive defenses insane ???? Or will he be have to take the snap and step up 2 paces and put his helmet where the center's butt used to be ??? This is what scares me.

As a not so casual observer, I'm very disappointed for Nathan that after all his work and dedication and surely some disappointments along the way...that he has to go thru THIS setback. He is one cool customer back in the pocket, always shows class and control.

That being said, I'm very relieved that we have a guy like Thompson to step in and keep things moving. We have not always had that "luxury" as I recall; there was always alot of doubt and fear concerning the backups. Right now we have 2 really great go-to guys who seem to be able to respond at the drop of a hat and perform at a high level immediately. This part doesnt scare me.

NOW, that being said....we will surely see Riley back at QB more often. Will we get to use his great abilities to keep things crazy and exciting and drive defenses insane ???? Or will he be have to take the snap and step up 2 paces and put his helmet where the center's butt used to be ??? This is what scares me.

QB depth scares the hell out of me. An injury to Thompson would be catostrophic for this team, as they would then have oft-injured Riley and an unproven Baine to lead the offense.