Nathan Tune Is The Starting Qb

MeanGreenSoHo

I don't believe Thompson provides much of a running threat either. He ran a 4.7 in the last timing. Nathan Tune has no 40 time listed, but I seem to remember he ran a 4.6 coming out of Celina.

Congrats to Nathan. Don't know about the 4.6 but he was a regional qualifier in the 110 meter hurdles back in high school, ran a 15.64. Good luck on Saturday!

Edited by Marty

Tune, Thompson and Baine, with a splash of Dodge. That is a helluva drink!

I think we'll see Thompson get plenty of action this year to prepare him to lead in 2011 and 2012. I hope Baine sees the field too.

Congratulations to all of these men.

I dig what your saying about all 3 Qbs. Congrats Nate !! Sling that "PigSkin" !!!!

"We are not going to waiver any more," Dodge said, "Nate will be our starter." -- Gosh, I hope he's not talking about putting folks on waivers, because I don't think that's supposed to happen in college ball, and we don't want another USC situation. Of course, I'm all for Dodge saying they do not plan to "waver" any more.

I believe we have heard similar things from Dodge in the past. We will see Thompson start before the season is done.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Quote from Vito's DRC Mean Green Blog

Tune will now begin preparing to open the season at Clemson. Dodge said that UNT won't rotate quarterbacks and that Tune won't have to look over his shoulder while taking snaps this season.

"We are not going to waiver any more," Dodge said, "Nate will be our starter.

i like the decision. You name a starter and stick with it.

This was the safe route for the coaching staff to take. You have to wonder if Dodge stands by the no QB change statement if the first 3 games don't go well.

A clear-cut starter or more talented player will be given more patience by the crowd if things go south. With Thompson just as capable, fans will be calling for a change if we get down by several scores or start 0-3 etc. It will be an interesting season.