J. Jones Seems To Have Master Plan...and It's Been Working Well Fo

UNTMike81

Why wouldn't Ronnie Morgan come here. Mr. Morgan may have reported to UCLA out of shape, but past that worked to make himself into the player the coach wanted. As a result Morgan doesn't produce as well as that "player" wasn't who Ronnie Morgan is. Out at UCLA.

Where's Ronnie Morgan going? Enter UNT and Johnny Jones. UNT 4 20 win season's and 2 appearances in the tourney in 4 years. Past that Johnny Jones has team ready to back to March madness in 2011 as most of his team will be back. Then enter new recruit Mr. McGhee...a stud by all accounts. Mr. McGhee along with current players and the addition of Ronnie Morgan in 2011/12 and UNT has team that can "play" with almost anyone.

I think we have as good of a chance as anyone to recruit Ronnie Morgan because Johnny Jones has master plan he can use to sell Ronnie Morgan on. Mr. Morgan will have his chance to redeem himself nationally and get ready to play in the NBA. Meanwhile Johnny Jones is true to form and has a team that will be the best of the belt, begin to be the next Butler, and truly compete with all the power conferences.

If this happens Auburn won't be the only school knocking at UNT's door to steal Mr. Johnny Jones. I for one hope it works out this way.

Just to clarify, Ronnie Morgan signing here would be a major NCAA rules infraction...and not even a really practical move at that.

J'Misson on the other hand...

It may be one of those "paired" deals where J'Mison won't sign unless Ronnie signs too. In that case, just put up with the violations for now, then appeal! It works for a directional school in California, why not us?

Oops...of course I was referring to J'Mison in stead of Ronnie. I think Ronnie thought a couple of years ago J'Mison was above coming to UNT. Know it could be that we'll be a much better team than UCLA in a couple of years. Oh, UCLA can reload on their reputation alone. If everything works out I don't see why we couldn't beat or hold our own against UCLA.