Expecting & Hoping..

NT03

Expecting: 8

Hoping for: 9 or 10

The only one I think we really don't have a shot at is Clemson. First one, out of the barrell, at a fairly raucous football stadium against an old school "defense first" school who grinds out a run game on offense...probably not going to be pretty.

However, I don't think Clemson gets 40+ on us. I'm thinking 30-someting to maybe 10. And, to me, even that would set the tone for an 8-10 win season.

I really do think that if we've won the Sun Belt title we've got a good chance of picking off Kansas State in the Last Game EVAR @ Fouts! K-State will have already gotten a good beating in the Big 12.

When KSU limps into Fouts in will be their third consecutive road game, and fifth in seven games. Their November opens with Texas and on the road at Missouri. They then have a date with equally questionable Colorado in Boulder before they tiptoe into Denton.

Their schedule sets up horribly for them and they may be - excuse the pun - "clawing" for a sixth win and bowl bid by the end of November. If there was ever a time for us to knock off a "name" team, that would be it.

Opportunity will be knocking all year long, fellas. We've finally got the coaches in place to answer the door.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 4

Expecting: 8

Hoping for: 9 or 10

The only one I think we really don't have a shot at is Clemson. First one, out of the barrell, at a fairly raucous football stadium against an old school "defense first" school who grinds out a run game on offense...probably not going to be pretty.

However, I don't think Clemson gets 40+ on us. I'm thinking 30-someting to maybe 10. And, to me, even that would set the tone for an 8-10 win season.

I really do think that if we've won the Sun Belt title we've got a good chance of picking off Kansas State in the Last Game EVAR @ Fouts! K-State will have already gotten a good beating in the Big 12.

When KSU limps into Fouts in will be their third consecutive road game, and fifth in seven games. Their November opens with Texas and on the road at Missouri. They then have a date with equally questionable Colorado in Boulder before they tiptoe into Denton.

Their schedule sets up horribly for them and they may be - excuse the pun - "clawing" for a sixth win and bowl bid by the end of November. If there was ever a time for us to knock off a "name" team, that would be it.

Opportunity will be knocking all year long, fellas. We've finally got the coaches in place to answer the door.

It would appear that the fever got to you.

Expecting : 7 wins

Hoping : 8 wins

And incase you forgot the schedule :

09/04 @ Clemson____ LOSS

09/11 vs Rice ________WIN

09/18 @ Army________LOSS

09/25 @ FAU_________WIN

10/02 vs UL__________WIN

10/09 vs ASU________WIN

10/16 vs FIU_________WIN

10/23 BYE WEEK______NOT A LOSS

10/30 @ wKu_________WIN