Pravda Editorial On America

Yes, this is an opinion piece and dated last April, but it was the first time I had seen it...sent to me by a friend...and I think it bears reading and pondering......you can make up your own conclusions regarding its content, but I have listed the Snopes.com info as well. If opinion pieces are coming out of Russia on this, it gives me pause to think. What about you?

1. snopes.com: American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper •••

Text reproduces a Pravda editorial touting the 'American descent into Marxism'?

...Pravda Claim: Text reproduces a Pravda editorial touting the "American descent into Marxism." Example: [Collected via e-mail, May 2009] Story #9:...

...American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper How many of you saw the story in the English-language version of Pravda over the weekend? "American Capitalism...

...blog post (entitled "American Capitalism Gone with a Whimper") by Stanislav Mishin which was reprinted by the Russian Pravda news site on 27 April 2009....

Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:36:58 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pravda.asp

The irony of this article appearing in the English edition of Pravda (Russian on-line newspaper) defies description.

American Capitalism Gone With A Whimper

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American descent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years.. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite TV dramas than the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their "right" to choke down a McDonald's burger or a Burger King burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our "democracy". Pride blinds the foolish.

Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different "branches and denominations" were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the "winning" side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the "winning" side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.

The final collapse has come with the election of Barack Obama. His speed in the past three months has been truly impressive. His spending and money printing has been a record setting, not just in America 's short history but in the world. If this keeps up for more then another year, and there is no sign that it will not, America at best will resemble the Weimar Republic and at worst Zimbabwe.

These past two weeks have been the most breath taking of all. First came the announcement of a planned redesign of the American Byzantine tax system, by the very thieves who used it to bankroll their thefts, losses, and swindles of hundreds of billions of dollars. These make our Russian oligarchs look little more then ordinary street thugs, in comparison. Yes, the Americans have beat our own thieves in the shear volumes. Should we congratulate them?

These men, of course, are not an elected panel but made up of appointees picked from the very financial oligarchs and their henchmen who are now gorging themselves on trillions of American dollars, in one bailout after another. They are also usurping the rights, duties, and powers of the American congress (parliament). Again, congress has put up little more than a whimper to their masters.

Then came Barack Obama's command that GM's (General Motors) president step down from leadership of his company. That is correct, dear reader, in the land of "pure" free markets, the American president now has the power, the self-given power, to fire CEOs and we can assume other employees of private companies, at will. Come hither, go dither, the centurion commands his minions.

So it should be no surprise that the American president has followed this up with a "bold" move of declaring that he and another group of unelected, chosen stooges will now redesign the entire automotive industry and will even be the guarantee of automobile policies. I am sure that if given the chance, they would happily try and redesign it for the whole of the world, too. Prime Minister Putin, less then two months ago, warned Obama and UK's Blair, not to follow the path to Marxism, it only leads to disaster.. Apparently, even though we suffered 70 years of this Western sponsored horror show, we know nothing, as foolish, drunken Russians, and so let our "wise" Anglo-Saxon fools find out the folly of their own pride.

Again, the American public has taken this with barely a whimper...but a "free man" whimper.

So, should it be any surprise to discover that the Democratically controlled Congress of America is working on passing a new regulation that would give the American Treasury department the power to set "fair" maximum salaries, evaluate performance, and control how private companies give out pay raises and bonuses? Senator Barney Frank, a social pervert basking in his homosexuality (of course, amongst the modern, enlightened American societal norm, as well as that of the general West, homosexuality is not only not a looked down upon life choice, but is often praised as a virtue) and his Marxist enlightenment, has led this effort.. He stresses that this only affects companies that receive government monies, but it is retroactive and taken to a logical extreme, this would include any company or industry that has ever received a tax break or incentive.

The Russian owners of American companies and industries should look thoughtfully at this and the option of closing their facilities down and fleeing the land of the Red as fast as possible. In other words, divest while there is still value left.

The proud American will go down into his slavery without a fight, beating his chest, and proclaiming to the world, how free he really is.

The world will only snicker.

Stanislav Mishin© 1999-2009.. «PRAVDA.Ru». When reproducing our materials in whole or in part, hyperlink toPRAVDA.Ru should be made. The opinions and views of the authors do not always coincide with the point of view ofPRAVDA.Ru's editors.

As usual, I’ll take anything from a Russian op-ed with a sizeable chunk of salt. So much of it sounds like the typical Marxist-Leninist rhetoric that kept getting lobbed over the Berlin Wall for half the 20th century.

I’m not saying everything is great here in the states, because it certainly is not. It is simply amusing and more than a little ironic to hear a Russian lecture Americans on moral bankruptcy, spiritual degradation, economic turbulence, and political instability. This, of course, from a nation who, mere decades ago, disavowed God as mere bourgeois sentimentality. This from the same nation that has been hemorrhaging ex-Soviet Republics since their fourth collapse of the 20th century. This coming from the same nation whose defacto acceptance of criminal activity as legitimate business (Bratva, Russian Business Network) coined the tongue-in-cheek term “Russian Oligarchy”.

No, things aren’t perfect here, and things might get really bad in the next few years. But, based on our comparative track records, I have a feeling we’ll still come out ahead of the Great Bear.

Anyone interested in what it's like to live in a formerly communist country (I say formerly, because the Communist Party in China is that in name only, and only exists to perpetuate itself in power), should talk to a woman who works in my office who is a naturalized citizen of the United States, originally from the "Republic" of China. When I told her that my impression of the Chinese economy is that of the purist, most unregulated capitalism, while nominally Communist. She agreed with me. After she became an American citizen, she said she did it because she wanted to be a part of the greatest country on Earth. But, if anyone here thinks that Russian, China, or any present or "formerly" (I say "formerly" because I'm not convinced the "oligopolists" are anything but apparatchniks from the old Communist Party who "reinvented" themselves as economic reformers in the best tradition of organized crime) Communist state, should ask themselves if we have something to gain by following their example.

Really though, anyone who is completely opposed to environmental standards and fair treatment of gays and lesbians would have found plenty to love in the old Soviet Union. Indeed, there are many who oppose peace, freedom, and the rule of law who would find much to love in the "new" Russia, according to the article linked here:

Was Whittaker Chambers Wrong?

It seems that Whittaker Chambers, a hero to the Conservatives of the era when I followed Goldwater, viewed the "possible" defeat of Communism (really, he doesn't seem to have thought that possible) as a false goal compared to finding God. Indeed, there are many ideas in that linked article for social conservatives to love, but it hardly glosses over the disappointments in the era following the Cold War; as in the following paragraph:

"The UK’s Daily Mail newspaper tells of Russia’s new claim to the North Pole. It speaks of Putin’s “astonishing bid to grab a vast chunk of the Arctic—so he can tap its vast potential oil, gas and mineral wealth.” One British diplomatic source has warned, “‘Putin wants a strong Russia, and Western dependence on it for oil and gas supplies is a key part of his strategy. He no longer cares if it upsets the West.’”21 Meanwhile, the New Yorker, hardly a bastion of conservative thought, devoted an article to suspicious deaths of some of Putin’s critics.22 All nations want to be strong; that, in itself, is not the issue. A strong Russia as an ally of the United States would not be a problem. The question is whether Putin wants to be an ally or whether instead he seeks to re-create the Cold War. Many commentators fear the latter. If true, Reagan, of course, could not have foreseen this turnabout. This does not tarnish his victory, but it does remind us that although the times change, human nature remains unchanged."

But, if a Russian presentation of the failures of secularism seems comforting (and yes, I'm a proud secularist), I'm doubtful that any of us here would find the new "religious freedom" of Russian all that comforting, unless one is a Russian Orthodox, or an adherent of a denomination considered "normal" by the Russian government. Perhaps the eminent Russian writer Dostoevsky expressed the blending of Russianism and Orthodoxy in a way that defines it's blending, "Our people is immeasurably higher, nobler, more upright, more capable, and filled with a different, higher, Christian idea, which Europe with its dead carcass of Catholicism, and its stupidly self-contradictory Lutheranism, cannot even understand."

No, we're not perfect, and I'm sure that many of you are disappointed about the government which it's voters put in place, but I'll take America.