8 Prospects Listed By Rivals

SUMG

Javarez Willis is back in the picture. An offer to him and to EJ Jefferson. Not sure if these other guys are just interested in NT......or if we're interested but haven't offered:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/re...-search-results

Rivals also isn't up to date on Brandon Peters....who isn't listed.

Sorry bad link....will try to get the right one.

Edited by SUMG

For some reason it won't let me do a link. To see the list:

Go to www.rivals.com

Pull down the Basketball recruiting. Then go to Database....Prospect search.

At the college area on the prospect search......search the North Texas list. There you should be able to see the 8 prospects that I'm talking about.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't get this. Let's assume that this list is hot and we are both interested. There is only one player on the list taller than 6'3". I ralize that point guard and shooting guards are very important to the team. But what about rebounding, defense, blocking shots and putting back misses?

We have a 6-10 RF who appears to be Justin Howerton revisited. I believe that the 6-8 freshman will become a player but the other two 6-8 frontcourt men are juniors, which means that we need to develop replacements by next year. Tramiel is gone after this year and Hogans after next year. That's it for players 6'7" or better.

Not to knock the quality of anyone on that list but we need some big men.

I don't get this. Let's assume that this list is hot and we are both interested. There is only one player on the list taller than 6'3". I ralize that point guard and shooting guards are very important to the team. But what about rebounding, defense, blocking shots and putting back misses?

We have a 6-10 RF who appears to be Justin Howerton revisited. I believe that the 6-8 freshman will become a player but the other two 6-8 frontcourt men are juniors, which means that we need to develop replacements by next year. Tramiel is gone after this year and Hogans after next year. That's it for players 6'7" or better.

Good points, if this is all that is going on. But, based on past history, I suspect Jones & Co. are working on a "big" transfer or two. We've had one each year for the last 3-4 seasons.

Until we get some kind of confirmation on Alzee Williams, the only underclassmen on the roster are Holman and Knox. We need to be recruiting everywhere...and as mentioned JJ has had more success in the frontcourt nabbing either JUCO or D-1 transfers...and if we're legitimatly in on Willis, Evans, and Peters these guys need to be a recruiting priority.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Until we get some kind of confirmation on Alzee Williams, the only underclassmen on the roster are Holman and Knox. We need to be recruiting everywhere...and as mentioned JJ has had more success in the frontcourt nabbing either JUCO or D-1 transfers...and if we're legitimatly in on Willis, Evans, and Peters these guys need to be a recruiting priority.

I assumed that Williams did not qualify because that issue is three months old and he isn't listed on the roster. Furthermore, I didn't think that we had a scholarship to give if Williams cleared. I'd guess that we could have one if Mangrum doesn't return but as of now he's still on the roster. If he doesn't return I don't know when his scholarship would be available.

I assumed that Williams did not qualify because that issue is three months old and he isn't listed on the roster. Furthermore, I didn't think that we had a scholarship to give if Williams cleared. I'd guess that we could have one if Mangrum doesn't return but as of now he's still on the roster. If he doesn't return I don't know when his scholarship would be available.

I found Williams' My Space page. He lists himself as enrolled at North Texas. My guess then is that we signed him then; why else would he enroll if he seeks to sign somewhere? Here is the link.

I found Williams' My Space page. He lists himself as enrolled at North Texas. My guess then is that we signed him then; why else would he enroll if he seeks to sign somewhere? Here is the link.

I too social-network stalked the kid and found him on facebook wearing UNT shoes and shorts and standing in what looked like the locker room at the new rec center. He's at UNT, so clearly I don't think it was a case of qualifying issues.

Since he committed after the late signing period I don't believe JJ can get him inked on a letter of intent until the fall recruiting period opens...and thus cannot announce the signing since it is not official.

The roster is at 13, with Matlock playing as a walk-on...so 12 scholarship players (assuming Mangrum and Spencer). Vito reported earlier this year that the APR penalty was lifted for this season and that we're allowed to issue 13 scholarships

• 2 weeks later...