Top Defender Out

Soccer1

Mean Green is 3-1 and starting to find their rhythm......"lookout"

Website has UNT defender #14 breaking three bones in her face during the game. To me, where i was sitting it looked like a elbow to the face (cheap shot by the Texas Tech player) should have been a red card. Hopefully she gets back soon, looks like coach Hedlund's top defender.

Great Job ladies beating a very good and physical Texas Tech team today..........the website also mentioned Tech beat nationally ranked TCU friday night in Fort Worth, which make this win even sweeter......wonder if will get some national votes now, anyway it was a very exciting and entertaining game. Great crowd too.

Go Mean Green, lets knock off another Big 12 team this Friday - undefeated Baylor.

Mean Green is 3-1 and starting to find their rhythm......"lookout"

Website has UNT defender #14 breaking three bones in her face during the game. To me, where i was sitting it looked like a elbow to the face (cheap shot by the Texas Tech player) should have been a red card. Hopefully she gets back soon, looks like coach Hedlund's top defender.

Great Job ladies beating a very good and physical Texas Tech team today..........the website also mentioned Tech beat nationally ranked TCU friday night in Fort Worth, which make this win even sweeter......wonder if will get some national votes now, anyway it was a very exciting and entertaining game. Great crowd too.

Go Mean Green, lets knock off another Big 12 team this Friday - undefeated Baylor.

The TX Tech game was very physical and it appears we suffered the worst of it. Loosing our starting center back (Kara Brooks) is a huge loss and I hope she can make it back to the pitch soon (maybe with one of those cool masks!). I doubt we will get any national votes yet, as the SMU loss hurt and TX Tech slipped up against Utah State prior to beating TCU. Now if we go on a run and beat Baylor and Ohio State and take care of business against Xavier and Prairie View...maybe. A lot depends on Baylor and Ohio State continuing to win but history tells us that Baylor gets punished in the Big 12 and Ohio State was 6th in the big 10 last year. Note: Tech came in 8th in the Big 12 in 2008, so on paper they are about the same caliber as Ohio State. As both were low seeds in their respective conference tournaments. Great way to come back today after a really disappointing loss to a SMU .... it showed big time character for this young team. Great goal in OT by Juett and the team played great! Way to go Ladies!

The TX Tech game was very physical and it appears we suffered the worst of it. Loosing our starting center back (Kara Brooks) is a huge loss and I hope she can make it back to the pitch soon (maybe with one of those cool masks!). I doubt we will get any national votes yet, as the SMU loss hurt and TX Tech slipped up against Utah State prior to beating TCU. Now if we go on a run and beat Baylor and Ohio State and take care of business against Xavier and Prairie View...maybe. A lot depends on Baylor and Ohio State continuing to win but history tells us that Baylor gets punished in the Big 12 and Ohio State was 6th in the big 10 last year. Note: Tech came in 8th in the Big 12 in 2008, so on paper they are about the same caliber as Ohio State. As both were low seeds in their respective conference tournaments. Great way to come back today after a really disappointing loss to a SMU .... it showed big time character for this young team. Great goal in OT by Juett and the team played great! Way to go Ladies!

All one point wins or loss. Is our soccer offense slower to come around than defense or just tougher opponents to score against to start the season?

• Downvote 1

Ohio State just beat two nationally ranked teams on the road this weekend. San Diego 3-0 which was ranked #16 and USC 1-0 which was ranked #8 in the country. OSU will most likely be ranked top 15 in the country when UNT faces them.

I hope OSU is ranked high when the Mean Green leave Columbus with a Big 'W". USC won't be nationally ranked for long. 1-4 early in the season - really struggling.

All one point wins or loss. Is our soccer offense slower to come around than defense or just tougher opponents to score against to start the season?

I think in general terms offensive chemistry does take more time to develop. This team is made up primarily of freshman and sophomores (16 players) and offensively we had the most changes (With the exception of Perlman the fowards are all new and the same can be said for the attacking midfield with Juett being the exception.). Depending on the formation, our defense and defensive midfielder(s) are primarily the same group from last year, so the chemistry has come a bit quicker (I do have to note to date, Hall in the net has played the best soccer of anyone on the team). I do believe the offense will come around but I believe you are dead on in that playing such a tough non-conference schedule doesn't help the offensive statistics. What gives me encouragement is that we are out-shooting our opponents, so I can't help but think the goals will come.