Let me preface that I am a horrible ballplayer and a worse organizer, but would anyone be interested in heading up a fundraiser for the stadium where we put together a "Great Game" among us gmg posters?

Thoughts:

Similar to the GMG.com Bowl, we put together teams, have a couple of practices (players from both teams attend the practices) and schedule the game sometime around the start of fall practices.

Players pay $100 to play (including t-shirt), all funds go to the stadium. We ask a vendor to donate the shirts.

Pitching is always the dicey part of this...coach pitch/five pitches? Or do you go scorched earth and play real baseball with live pitching? I prefer the latter.

It would be great to play on campus but I am not sure NT has a legit baseball field. Maybe we play where the club team plays?

NO SOFTBALL...this is baseball.

Being a DEFCON 20% guy, I will be highly aware of the "message" pitch coming my way. But I WILL play with my name on my jersey.

Scott Campbell

GMG

Edited by untcampbell