Neither one are "rights" and should not be classified as such!

If not, then how would you classify that lady in Florida who was on life support for 20 years that Jeb Bush was fighting to keep plugged in? Right to life, but not the care to keep it going? I'm confused which is which.

On the car thing, if I lived in Boston, a car would be the LAST thing I'd want to own.

On the car thing, if I lived in Boston, a car would be the LAST thing I'd want to own.

You mean you don't like driving down one way streets that dead end into other one way streets? Or two-way streets in the North End that two Mini-Coopers couldn't fit through? Or missing your turn on Storrow and having to drive 20 minutes in order to turn around only to realize that your turn off Storrow is on accessable from the direction you were driving previously, meaning you have to drive another 20 minutes and turn around on Storrow again to make it to your exit...only to take a wrong turn after you exit and end up on a one-way street that dead ends into a one way street?

Boston is a great walking/biking town.

No... there isn't. When you start prescribing "rights" that don't exist there is no limit. Sorry.

Actually, there is. It's one thing to say that people should be allowed medical care. Health is pretty much a need and if not, at least being healthy enough to work is a high priority. If you can't work because you're too sick, that's entirely different from "not being able to travel to work". You can find a workaround for not having a car, especially in a city with good public transportation. It's significantly more difficult to find a workaround for a serious medical condition. I don't believe a blanket judgment is the way to handle this since we're not handling it that way anyhow.

That said, I'll call in Stebo's medical care system. It would encourage people to seek medical care earlier before it becomes an expensive hospital visit. It'd also have young doctors working their residency and paying their education off in a system very similar to the ROTC/OCS/Academy system in the military.

There's really no need for every American to have a car. Transportation - yes, with many finding solutions to their situations. Those without cars get to work via public transport, bikes or find work closer to home. Those with cars are simply afforded a wider choice of locations to work.

Edited by meangreendork

Actually, there is. It's one thing to say that people should be allowed medical care. Health is pretty much a need and if not, at least being healthy enough to work is a high priority. If you can't work because you're too sick, that's entirely different from "not being able to travel to work". You can find a workaround for not having a car, especially in a city with good public transportation. It's significantly more difficult to find a workaround for a serious medical condition. I don't believe a blanket judgment is the way to handle this since we're not handling it that way anyhow.

Just to clarify...this is a state-wide program...not just a Boston one. Most of Mass is rural farmlands or mountainous back-woods.

Boston is a great walking/biking town. It also has a great subway system...known as the T. people should be able to use that to get to work. Boston roads were made during the revolutionary war for hose and buggy, its almost impossible to have two cars going by each other. I understand this is for the enitre state and not just the city but i think its a supid waste of tax money and iu would be outraged if i lived there.