National Health Care For The Us

Why Ontario keeps sending patients south

More than 400 Canadians in the full throes of a heart attack or other cardiac emergency have been sent to the United States because no hospital can provide the lifesaving care they require here.

Most of the heart patients who have been sent south since 2003 typically show up in Ontario hospitals, where they are given clot-busting drugs. If those drugs fail to open their clogged arteries, the scramble to locate angioplasty in the United States begins.

“They rushed me over to Detroit, did the whole closing of the tunnel,” said Eric Bialkowski, 47, of the heart attack he had on March 14, 2007, in Windsor, Ont. “It was like Disneyworld customer service.”

While other provinces have sent patients out of country – British Columbia has sent 75 pregnant women or their babies to Washington State since February, 2007 – nowhere is the problem as acute as in Ontario.

X_Rf42zNl9U

The final comment from the Doctor above, "Once your(The U.S.) hospitals are all backed up(like theirs) I'll have no where to send Canadians".

Holy Crap!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

hey fellas anyone care to pay for my family of 4 healthcare coverage: premium is at $1278 per month family of 4. That is to pay co-pays. So when you say we have Private healthcare to me I would pay less with a Social system!

And by the way we already pay for medicine for the uninsured. Look at your taxes in Dallas County. Oh and by the way when you people talk about Canada. Guess what go to YouTube and for every person that says the system stinks, you can find 10 that say it works.

Nice try guys....I would like a Hybrid system. Maybe like the one we have except tax the heck out of the illegals and make people accountable. Also quit allowing juries to award crazy judgements to every plaintiff that files suit.

Also allow nurses to prescribe common medications like cold allergy, instead of making doctors see every patient.

hey fellas anyone care to pay for my family of 4 healthcare coverage: premium is at $1278 per month family of 4.

So rather than shop around for a better deal, you want the taxpayers to pay? I just did a quote look up on ehealthinsurance.com for a family of four, and they ranged from $139 to $1229. The recommended plan was a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan with $5000 deductible and and office vists for $25, all for $405 a month. There's a similar Cigna plan for $323 a month.

Edited by UNTflyer

So rather than shop around for a better deal, you want the taxpayers to pay? I just did a quote look up on ehealthinsurance.com for a family of four, and they ranged from $139 to $1229. The recommended plan was a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan with $5000 deductible and and office vists for $25, all for $405 a month. There's a similar Cigna plan for $323 a month.

come on man, its easier to bitch and moan than actually do a little work.

Why should he have to look around. Come On, The government should take care of him cause that's what BHO promised and he can't figure it out on his own. Typical left-winger, tell me what I should believe and I'll run through a wall with it. 10-1 youtube for Canda's NHS, not even close unless you count the same video 10 times, wait I couldn't even find one except for the guy praising it because he got free POT.

Edited by UNTnewbie