Ron Kirk To Pay $10k In Back Taxes

as much as I detest what Obama is doing, it is not a symptom and problem only to Democrats looking for power. If we start looking at the taxes of most politicians they will have questions. The power grab and ego is to much for a large majority.

But I am enjoying watching the most transparent and ethical staff ever squirm in their own waste.

Edited by untbowler

I can't blame anyone for trying to avoid taxes as much as possible. The federal tax code is over 60,000 pages. As a nation we spend 6.2 billion hours a year doing our taxes, at a cost of over $200 billion.

We should have a federal sales tax and eliminate the income tax and the capital gains tax. It would encourage saving over spending, it would eliminate tax shelters for the rich, we can exempt food, children's clothing, and allow a full rebate up to the poverty level, and it would force criminals to pay taxes on their ill-gotten booty.

Edited by UNTflyer

Avoiding taxes is fully acceptable and legal behavior. Evading taxes is illegal. There IS a big difference between the two. In Ron Kirk's case, I am not so sure it falls in the same catagory as the "others" we have seen lately. However, I do have one question to ask...

DO HIGH PROFILE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO PAY TAXES??????? Just wondering. This is getting to be a recurring them. I do not recall such tax "challeged" folks being nominated under former President Bush. This is just some nice comic relief for all of us who actually do pay our taxes.

I can't blame anyone for trying to avoid taxes as much as possible. The federal tax code is over 60,000 pages. As a nation we spend 6.2 billion hours a year doing our taxes, at a cost of over $200 billion.

We should have a federal sales tax and eliminate the income tax and the capital gains tax. It would encourage saving over spending, it would eliminate tax shelters for the rich, we can exempt food, children's clothing, and allow a full rebate up to the poverty level, and it would force criminals to pay taxes on their ill-gotten booty.

Unfortunately being from NY, I fully understand why a Federal sales tax does not work, it is called a black market. But I am for a flat tax.