Nt Offense

Buford_Julep

The offense looked very good last night to my eyes. Just 8 turnovers and two of those were very questionable offensive foul calls. The Mean Green guards had no trouble getting the ball into the post, they were able to take wide-open threes and were able to drive to the basket.

Josh White made four major league passes without getting credit for an assist:

1. A perfect alley oop pass that resulted in a missed dunk.

2. A long lob in transition that ended with a shooting foul on FAU.

3. A bounce pass in the lane to a wide open player that was fumbled out of bounds.

4. A hook pass after penetrating the lane to a wide-open guard who missed the jumper.

Josh seems to be playing with his old confidence after getting rid of that splint on his thumb.

Title of this thread should be Josh White had good Passing.

Yes, his passing sets up offense. I thought our offense looked weak around the basket for most of the game. Anytime we are close the ball kind of hangs above the rim, and never goes in. If the other team doesn't get the rebound, it bounces around some more after being lobbed back up. For some reason we just can't go up strong and finish around the basket.

Our offense really looks out of sorts to me. Our half court game needs to improve. Our turnovers were down, and that's why we won.

Until the run in the 2nd half after the game being tied, I couldn't believe we were winning. Missed shots... poor offensive rebounding...

Our defense wasn't too bad last night. I saw a lot of challenged shots. A lot of batted/intercepted passes. Some good energy on the defensive boards. Chasing loose balls. Our hustle was very good on defense.

Title of this thread should be Josh White had good Passing.

Yes, his passing sets up offense. I thought our offense looked weak around the basket for most of the game. Anytime we are close the ball kind of hangs above the rim, and never goes in. If the other team doesn't get the rebound, it bounces around some more after being lobbed back up. For some reason we just can't go up strong and finish around the basket.

Our offense really looks out of sorts to me. Our half court game needs to improve. Our turnovers were down, and that's why we won.

Until the run in the 2nd half after the game being tied, I couldn't believe we were winning. Missed shots... poor offensive rebounding...

Our defense wasn't too bad last night. I saw a lot of challenged shots. A lot of batted/intercepted passes. Some good energy on the defensive boards. Chasing loose balls. Our hustle was very good on defense.

I've sorting through some thoughts on offensive and defense that I plan to post soon... but I will say that we are weak under the basket; however, this does not apply to Tramiel... he plays very strong, aggressive, and effective in the post position. He is an extremely accurate shooter at the basket, in the mid-court, and even at long range. Tramiel will be all Sunbelt first team if not this year, definitely his senior year.