What Is The Problem?

dentUNiTe

it seems to me that a couple of years ago I was at Ford Stadium in Dallas, right off the campus of SMU, and witnessed Mr. Daniel Meager pass for over 600 yards and several touchdowns for little ol' UNT!

so lets be clear.....was it Meager? I thought Daniel was a great QB....so was he the problem?

Or was the answer Vizza? Maybe a better pedigree...........and he had his moments...

Or could it be the system?

I don't know.... I have been rooting for Gio the last 2 years as if he was my own son.....I very much wanted him to succeed...

and if our QB this year is Riley Dodge, I will root very much for him to succeed...

and back in "the old days" when we played at SMU, I was rooting for Daniel Meager....

It's difficult, but we, as fans, need to accept what our team is, and root for them, because they represent UNT...

I know the smartasses that frequent this board will mock this post....I guess my point is, that Meager lit up SMU for 600 yards, then Gio took over, so who knows what will happen next!!!!

it seems to me that a couple of years ago I was at Ford Stadium in Dallas, right off the campus of SMU, and witnessed Mr. Daniel Meager pass for over 600 yards and several touchdowns for little ol' UNT!

so lets be clear.....was it Meager? I thought Daniel was a great QB....so was he the problem?

Or was the answer Vizza? Maybe a better pedigree...........and he had his moments...

Or could it be the system?

I don't know.... I have been rooting for Gio the last 2 years as if he was my own son.....I very much wanted him to succeed...

and if our QB this year is Riley Dodge, I will root very much for him to succeed...

and back in "the old days" when we played at SMU, I was rooting for Daniel Meager....

It's difficult, but we, as fans, need to accept what our team is, and root for them, because they represent UNT...

I know the smartasses that frequent this board will mock this post....I guess my point is, that Meager lit up SMU for 600 yards, then Gio took over, so who knows what will happen next!!!!

Didn't we lose to SMU in that game? I don't care if we pass for 600 yards or 60 yards, as long as we win the game.

I do get your point though. I guess we will soon learn the answer to your question.

Gio and Meager both rolled up numbers.

Its a team game.

The problem with Dodge is that he can't afford to take blame for losses or for being out coached like so many other more seasoned and experienced coaches can.

He can't deflect any heat off his players because he has no track record. He has to paint the picture (using his phrase) that its about the team and its youth and how DD left him nothing, etc etc.

He has never take responsibility for the special teams nor the defense nor the lack of getting his offense moving. He has never once said well boys I got my butt out coached.

He doesn't know why players leave? What? He doesn't know defense if it hit him in the head. What? He doesn't know special teams? What?

What the hell does he know. I know, he knows that if he tip toes around for another season, he gets paid and then he's off.

How do you lose so many players in two seasons? Over 20 total and counting. More to follow.