How Did We Score 62 Against Navy Last Year ?

calvin

I thought that Navy game on Nov. 10th of last year was the kick start to Dodge Ball, I thought that game was our coming out party and thought our offense would resemble that offense this year. So what has happened ? How come we cant move the ball, cant seem to get any big plays or sustain any drives? So frustrating.

A few positives from tonight, I thought besides the first drive that our defense played well and played tough. Maybe some young guys are starting to figure it out. I feel a lot better leaving Fouts tonight then I have had all season. Right now Troy is so much more athletic than us. Their defense was really good I thought. But it was good to see us out there clawing and scratching and hitting.

A few positives from tonight, I thought besides the first drive that our defense played well and played tough. Maybe some young guys are starting to figure it out. I feel a lot better leaving Fouts tonight then I have had all season. Right now Troy is so much more athletic than us. Their defense was really good I thought. But it was good to see us out there clawing and scratching and hitting.

I can't say i feel the same about this.

At least we only gave up 25 at halftime instead of 42. I know it is bad to say that we looked better even though we gave up 45 points but if our offense could keep the ball more than 1 minute at a time then our defense could actually look better. Our first drive tonight on offense we had the ball for 21 seconds. Thats ridiculous, we just gave up a TD drive and then we go out there and only have the ball for 21 seconds.

I totally agree about Vizza. Is going through a sophmore slump or what ? We sat right by where the Mean Green come out of the tunnel in the end zone bleachers so were behind the play and could see everything and Vizza missed some wide open guys and they werent difficult throws. I dont know why we dont put Tune or Meager in there, its not like it would hurt anything.

I like Vizza and so far have wanted to keep him in there to fight through this so he can get better for next season, but he just makes some horrible decisions out there and throws some bad passes at the worst times. Maybe it's time to give Tune or someone else a start just to see what happens.

I love Vizza... and some mistakes i blame on having no time to do things. But, he did make some ill-advised decisions. there were times when i thought he should have just tucked the ball in and ran and he didn't. He could have easily had 2 more int's on the night.

Unfortunately, the WR's had a lot of drops too.

Edited by Travis