Sbc Extra

chrisfisher

I received an email today that SBC will provide a free internet broadcast. It will have "exclusive interviews with coaches from around the Sun Belt Conference as well as Commissioner Wright Waters. The live web only show will feature a look at the upcoming Sun Belt basketball season and will provide fans a place to gear up for the upcoming hoops action. The web show will be on air from 12-5 p.m. on Monday, October 13 and wrapping up from 9-11 a.m. on Tuesday, October 14."

Full details are here.

Well, this is disappointing. I was trying to catch part of the show on lunch break. There is a whole-lotta-nothing going on. I just keep getting this looping promo despite the media player saying the show is live right now... I thought maybe it was just running late, but it is already 12:30 and the show started noon.... come on SBC... quality is what is needed if the league is to grow!

Update: For some reason, it you go through website and not use the link embedded in their promo email, then it works. This will get you there. Then click on "Click here to launch video player" and you should be good to go.

I see what is going on now... they will take breaks and then the looped promo comes onto the players... they said the first internview with be in about 5 minutes. I am no impressed with this. I had the player launched at noon and first discussion didn't even start until about 12:30. Why would they advertise a show to start noon only to start it at 12:30 and to not even have the first coach ready for interview until 12:45? I guess they are just doing live coverage on the event and take what they can as the events unfold.