A Very Good Friend Of Mine Passed Away

My dear friend Mark Farris passed away last week in a tragic auto accident. He was only 44. We grew up as kids in the same neighborhood in Houston. He leaves behind his wife Shelly and two beautiful sons, his mother Nevada, brother John, sister Julia and many friends. His funeral is scheduled for this Tuesday in Houston. Mark and I had been close friends from childhood. He was a talented, charismatic and caring person that was responsible for some of the most memorable times of my life. Like many, as we both progressed in our careers, were married and had kids it became harder to stay in touch and get together as we had in our earlier days. About a month ago he was planning on driving here to spend the day at Six Flags with our families. The trip ended up being postponed at the last minute and regrettably I never got the chance to give him a hug and tell him how much he meant to me, how much I appreciated and cherished his friendship over the years.

He was a part of the fabric of who I am, and knowing that he is not physically here anymore hurts me deeply. This circumstance has taught me the priceless value of your friendships and how important those people close to you in your life truly are. This life we live is much more fragile than we realize. Hug your wife, kiss your kids, tell your friends and family how much they mean to you every chance that you get. Make time for them, no matter how busy your world may be. I also ask that you will keep his family in your prayers. A mother has lost her son, a brother and sister have lost a brother, a wife has lost her husband and two young sons are without a father. Mark leaves behind many good friends that I am certain are hurting as I am with his passing. I believe that he is in a better place now and in a little while down the road we will be reunited again.

Mark - I miss you so much - you were the brother I never had. Thank you for being such a good and loyal friend through all the years...we had some great times didn't we? You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Harry, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Most people have a handful of friends and family that make them who they are, that kind of loss especially a sudden loss are the hardest to bare. Let us know if we can do anything.

Tony