Now we really find out how good Johnnie is..

UNT96

Hopkins was by far the most consistent player on the team. He took off where Deg left off, consistently getting his points, rebounds, and being money from the line. There is no other player I can honestly say that about; not even Davis. Davis has had other cold streaks before this year, and for some reason seems to get nervous during the important times. I remember last year we played Denver and the Phoenix Suns had sent a scout to look at Chris, Chris had 7 points that day. Hopkins, playing his usual 17-18 minutes had over 20 that day in half the time. When they interviewed the scout at half, they were telling him that Chris was just having an off game and that to let his season speak for itself and the scout said something along the lines of "Oh, we knew all about how good Chris was, but what about that opkins kid"

As far as shooting droughts... Hopkins might have had one eventually, too.. but it had not happened yet and is probably a good part of the reason we won 15 games last year. But this is not a Rah-Rah post for old Lenny; this has another purpose... The fun part is this.. Now we can see how good of a coach Jones is. We all know he is a good coach, but let's see how he adjusts to losing what could be considered the star (if not future) star player and is that "great" coach that most of us think he is.

Merry Christmas and I guess I better get to my folks.

Stay safe today and all year long and Go Mean Green!

I too feel Johnny did a great job last year, but we now have losses to all the locals(SMU & TCU) and didn't look great in either. We lost to TN Tech who may be good at home but isn't exactly an NCAA power. CU was drubbed earlier by Rice, and from past results we would seem to have no shot against BU or Auburn. At least we should get fat against TAMC 'cause if we don't real trouble lies ahead. I know we lack height but its the intensity in rebounding that we really have not shown. Our shooting % is bad and way too often we get just one 3 point opportunity before the opponents get the rebound. Maybe AA can give us muscle under the basket that we have lacked so far. It is beginning to look like a LONG season.

Our recent injuries won't help things. Free throw shooting this season has been a positive, but field goal percentage, turnovers and rebounds have spelled defeat as opponents have had many second-chance shots to our one. The team still seems to be grasping for consistency and the right combo of players.