Albertson's Advertising

UNTflyer

Someone mentioned this the other day but...

Albertson's on University has a new North Texas display above the cash registers. They are 12-foot kelly green pennant flags hanging from the ceiling spelling out "North Texas", with our logo and the Budweiser logo. It stretches from one end of the registers to the other. It looks great. Told the manager I thought it looked great. And I told him I was buying a 12-pack of Budweiser because of it (I'm a Coors man).

Edited by UNTflyer

Someone mentioned this the other day but...

Albertson's on University has a new North Texas display above the cash registers. They are 12-foot kelly green pennant flags hanging from the ceiling spelling out "North Texas", with our logo and the Budweiser logo. It stretches from one end of the registers to the other. It looks great. Told the manager I thought it looked great. And I told him I was buying a 12-pack of Budweiser because of it (I'm a Coors man).

The Strip Center where Rooster's Roadhouse and Fuzzy Taco are located has North Texas banners in front of each business.

Me and 4 other RA's are starting a group called the Victory Pound over here at Victory Hall (where the football players stay) where hoping to have between 70-100 students to come tailgate, go to and stay for all the home games, and i think it will be a good success.....were getting some money from the school to help! its gonna be great....TULSA as the first game has been a great selling point and most students here are freshmen so were hopeing they have a good first experence.....were even making a flag....this is gonna rule....sorry just had to get this out thier....

Tony

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

Tony, since I'm not in town, do me a favor...I so badly wanted to do this...get 3 people to take signs to the game, which read as follows:

#1:

SPELL

#2:

TULSA

#3:

BACKWARDS

...of course keep it on the low-low, don't want you risking your RA status (and I know how nitpicky Housing can be even though they're super-cool at the same time).

Me and 4 other RA's are starting a group called the Victory Pound over here at Victory Hall (where the football players stay) where hoping to have between 70-100 students to come tailgate, go to and stay for all the home games, and i think it will be a good success.....were getting some money from the school to help! its gonna be great....TULSA as the first game has been a great selling point and most students here are freshmen so were hopeing they have a good first experence.....were even making a flag....this is gonna rule....sorry just had to get this out thier....

Tony

Great idea, good luck with this.

Any word on the student group Todge was getting together to sit in a group and make some NOISE. We discussed it earlier this summer, thinking it might be similiar to the group Meyers' put together at Utah.

Great idea, good luck with this.

Any word on the student group Todge was getting together to sit in a group and make some NOISE. We discussed it earlier this summer, thinking it might be similiar to the group Meyers' put together at Utah.

It says in the first flight book for freshmen for them to join Dodge's Dog Pound at football games....i assume this is what u mean?

It says in the first flight book for freshmen for them to join Dodge's Dog Pound at football games....i assume this is what u mean?

I believe so. Just curious about the specifics. It would be nice if they had shirts with the group name, and sit together in the student section and help get cheers and chants going. Sounds like a good idea.

I believe so. Just curious about the specifics. It would be nice if they had shirts with the group name, and sit together in the student section and help get cheers and chants going. Sounds like a good idea.

well...thats what the Victory Pound is gonna do also...we wont have shirts with our name or anything cause it cost to much....but we will be in green...faces painted....sitting together in the student section leading cheers....its gonna be fun!

Here it is...

n23932973_36687171_7174.jpg

And the gentleman (and I use that word only because MFer would get me suspended from the GMG.com board) at Hooters says he can't get any signage. Looks like these were produced by Budwiser. Guess Hooters doen't sell Bud!

The Hooters resteraunt in Denton has seen the last of me. Hell all Hooters resteraunts have seen the last of me.