BYE

(6) NT

(11) ASU

-------------

(2) UALR

BYE

(7) FAU

(10) FIU

Tiebreakers: (1) USA swept WKU; (2) UALR swept LA-LAF; (4) MT beat LA-LAF; (8) FAU beat UNO; (12) TROY beat LA-MON"

I didn't see anything wrong; correct me if you find something.

Looks pretty good. Even though beating the same squad 3 times is tough - I like that matchup in the 1st round. DON'T like the Quarterfinal though. :lol:

I fear that first round matchup. There is a history of bad blood between the two squads and because of that ArkSt will be even more determined to revenge their loss to UNT in last year's conference finals. As you say, beating the same team 3 times is tough enough without the added factors. They were a tough out two weeks ago with what was then a new HC and could be tougher in a play-in game.

Should be fun, though.

Honestly, that is the way I hope the bracket ends up. No one wants to play WKU in the quarters, but since we will most likely have to play them or USA to even get to the finals, I would rather play WKU after they have had a little bit of a layoff and *might* be a bit rusty. I know it's nothing that is definite, but that might be a factor helping whoever has to play them in round 2. Assuming we come out of that side of the bracket, we can hope that someone upset ASU(best team in the conference) along the way and either won't have to play them at all or won't have to play them till the championship game. Just my take.

I think someone else mentioned this...but it looks like it would be most adventagous for us to secure the 5 or 7 seed, rather than the 6. We can still get the 5...we would need to beat UNO and have ULL lose at home to Denver (0 for their last 28 on the road...again...its bound to end sometime, right?)...we would have identical records with ULL, split the season series, but we would have a better winning percentage in the West division (UNT 7-4, ULL 7-5...SBC scheduling is ridiculuous). The five seed would have us playing probably Troy at home in the opening round...with a quarterfinal matchup with MTSU...but then USA

If we both win, ULL and UNT...and assuming UALR and MTSU win...ULL would get the 5, we'd get the 6...get a home game with ASU...but a quarterfinal matchup with Western Kentucky.

The 7 seed almost seems like the best route. We would get an opening round home game against FIU...and a quarterfinal matchup with UALR. UALR is at best the 4th best team in the conference...and I don't even think they're that good. If we would get past UALR...we'd be set up with a semi-final game against WKU...and it would probably feel like a home game with the South Alabama crowd behind us. We'd get the 7 seed by losing to UNO and WKU beating FAU

I'm certainly not suggesting we play to lose against UNO...just that if it happens it may not be a terrible thing

I think someone else mentioned this...but it looks like it would be most adventagous for us to secure the 5 or 7 seed, rather than the 6. We can still get the 5...we would need to beat UNO and have ULL lose at home to Denver (0 for their last 28 on the road...again...its bound to end sometime, right?)...we would have identical records with ULL, split the season series, but we would have a better winning percentage in the West division (UNT 7-4, ULL 7-5...SBC scheduling is ridiculuous). The five seed would have us playing probably Troy at home in the opening round...with a quarterfinal matchup with MTSU...but then USA

If we both win, ULL and UNT...and assuming UALR and MTSU win...ULL would get the 5, we'd get the 6...get a home game with ASU...but a quarterfinal matchup with Western Kentucky.

The 7 seed almost seems like the best route. We would get an opening round home game against FIU...and a quarterfinal matchup with UALR. UALR is at best the 4th best team in the conference...and I don't even think they're that good. If we would get past UALR...we'd be set up with a semi-final game against WKU...and it would probably feel like a home game with the South Alabama crowd behind us. We'd get the 7 seed by losing to UNO and WKU beating FAU

I'm certainly not suggesting we play to lose against UNO...just that if it happens it may not be a terrible thing

well with the way this team plays on the road I think we can go ahead and mark the UNO game with a Big L and accept the #7 seed.

Yeah....I pointed this out last night. The 7 seems like maybe the best option to go thru the tournment. On the other hand I am sick of losing to UNO.

Edited by CMJ

Yeah....I pointed this out last night. The 7 seems like maybe the best option to go thru the tournment. On the other hand I am sick of losing to UNO.

And there is always the possibility FAU pulls an upset over WKU. If we lose to UNO and FAU wins, we'd get the 8 seed. Thats a home game with Denver and a quarterfinal game against USA.

And there is always the possibility FAU pulls an upset over WKU. If we lose to UNO and FAU wins, we'd get the 8 seed. Thats a home game with Denver and a quarterfinal game against USA.

Yep. That'd be the absolute worst case scenario. I would NOT want to play USA in their house that early on.

Not to mention I'd like another 20 win season.

Edited by CMJ