Abner Haynes ('62)

greenjoe

I got my Winter edition of "The North Texan" and there is an article about Abner Haynes induction into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. The article says the induction ceremony will be Tuesday March 11 in Waco. This is the first news I've heard of Abner's election to the HOF since the news was announced.

This seems to me a "must do' event for Mean Green fans. I'll find out more and post what I find next week.

Go Abner Haynes

GO MEAN GREEN

Link to banquet story

Texas Sports Hall of Fame Sets Date for Class of 2007 Banquet

10/31/2007 2:53 PM

WACO – The Texas Sports Hall of Fame banquet for the Class of 2007 will be held in Waco on Tuesday, March 11, 2008. The pre-banquet reception will be held at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame from 5:00-6:30 pm and the banquet will be held at Baylor University's Ferrell Center at 7:00pm.

TICKET PRICES -

Banquet Only Ticket - $75 each Banquet Only Table for 10 - $600 ($150 discount)

Combo Banquet / Reception Ticket - $200 each Combo table for 10 - $1,500 ($500 discount)

Scheduled to appear in Waco for the Induction Ceremonies are Granbury girls basketball coach Leta Andrews, former Texas A&M and Houston Oiler DT Ray Childress, former Texas Tech football coach Spike Dykes, former North Texas State & Dallas Texans RB Abner Haynes, former Dallas Cowboys WR Michael Irvin, Dallas Stars Center Mike Modano, San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich and former Baylor and Cleveland Browns OL Jim Ray Smith.

Fans had better get their tickets quick with Irvin, Modano and Popovich in this class. Seats will go fast.

Edited by GreenBat