Possible Rb Transfer?

GreenBat

Louisville RB Allen to transfer -- just not to Arkansas

Dec. 13, 2007

CBSSports.com wire reports

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Louisville running back Anthony Allen will transfer after being granted a release from the program.

Allen set the school's single-game rushing record with 275 yards against Middle Tennessee on Sept. 6.

Louisville spokesman Rocco Gasparro said Thursday that Big East rules prohibit Allen from transferring to another school in the league. Gasparro also said Louisville will not release Allen to any school on its schedule in the next three years or to Arkansas.

Former Louisville coach Bobby Petrino is now the head coach at Arkansas.

Allen led the Cardinals in rushing last season with 696 yards.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

I believe TD did say he was interested in recruiting another RB or two. Would a transfer make sense? Instant impact but short stay. I like the idea. A good RB helps the passing game, and a good passing game helps a good RB. Rocket science huh? ;)

We're talking about a DI transfer he'd have to sit out a year. I'd never turn down talent but I hope Mosley, Montgomery(if he gets the medical redshirt), Dunbar and anyone else we recruit this year and next can carry the load in 09.

I believe TD did say he was interested in recruiting another RB or two. Would a transfer make sense? Instant impact but short stay. I like the idea. A good RB helps the passing game, and a good passing game helps a good RB. Rocket science huh? ;)

A good running game helps a not so great defense also.

Guest GrayEagleOne

If Allen doesn't fit into Steve Kragthorpe's system then I can't see him fitting into Todd Dodge's either. Besides, Anthony Allen is from Florida; why would he want to come here?