Dmn Top Area 100 Listing

OldTimer

Thanks Emmitt...actually I get the *Telegram...am lookin for the Dallas Morning News...their on line version area 100 is dated either Sept 15th or 19th...I have been buying the DMN for a week now trying to locate an update.....

There was one that came out Wed ,Thurs or Fri ( sorry don't remember) in the DMN , but it was either just the Area or State 100. They didn't list all 3 like normal just the one and it only covered 1/3 of the left hand side of the page in the college football section so if u blinked u might have missed it.

The copy of the Sunday, 11-25 DMN I just bought has the "State Top 100, as provided by Rivals.com".

I thought it was interesting that no Euless Trinity, Odessa Permian, Arlington bowie, or Lubbock Coronado players were listed. Those are the Division I, Area I semifinal teams. Maybe being part of a winning team doesn't count for so much, although many of Trinity's starters this year are juniors.

Thanks Emmitt...actually I get the *Telegram...am lookin for the Dallas Morning News...their on line version area 100 is dated either Sept 15th or 19th...I have been buying the DMN for a week now trying to locate an update.....

I think the Morning News published its State Too 100 twice in the last few days. I have not seen the Area Top 100 in quite awhile.

Robert Griffin Euless Trinity 6-7 328 Undecided

Does anyone know what school(s) he is considering? That's a big man!

Wow, Griffin is still undecided? If we are not recruiting this guy, I'd like to know why. He has actually played on defensive AND offensive lines this year, as well as playing on the special teams. Also, he's not a Tongan, but anchors the Haka, so is pretty good line dancer for a big man. It's really strange to see someone tower over the rest of the Euless Trinity players like him. I've seen his weight listed as up to 360, but he looks height/weight proportionate. I was really surprised not to see Mao Leota listed among the Startlegram's area top 50-very solid as a nose guard since switching from fullback. Leota did score a TD on offense in the Lewisville game on Friday. Check him out here:

Hidden Gem: Mao Leota

If you play around with the last four numbers of the DMN link, you can get a couple of interesting Rivals recruiting links:

JUCO National Top 50

#25 - Phillip Freeman is on our radar screen

Rivals.com 100 to Watch for 2009

We're not on anyone's radar

Lone Star Recruiting's Top 100 for 2009

One's to watch in Texas - I like the previous ranking information as well - it's too bad they don't do this for all their rankings.