Was It Worth My Drive From Houston

kingwoodgreen

I drove down from Houston to see this game versus a big 12 team. I got to see us beat Rice last year in a very good game also.I don't care which big 12 team it is they all have big budgets and should out recruit us any day of the week. It was a great game for us I hope the players take this momentum and build.

I left north Carrollton around six. I had to pick up my 8 year old nephew to take with me. Butts in the seat and all. We got to the parking lot around seven. I was thinking from the traffic that a sell out was close but it was not. I have been to two of the best attended games at the pit. Our SLC championshsip game and the regional tounament with a & m and North Carolina. The pit crew blew me away. They looked great in all the green shirts. You have to admit the amount of orange present was impressive. We could do better in green but it is probably the best I have ever seen.

The cheers were great but the band needs to learn how to end it on a high note. To continue playing until you run it into the ground loses some of the effect.

The team. Wooden was a stud. If we had another real good big man we would be a top 40 team. The young guards had no fear and a nice touch (especially at the free throw line). Everyone else looks a little lost, tentitive or just outmanned. When we had the right five we stayed up by 10. The next five we let them get back. But that did make the see saw battle exciting. When they would get close we took control. The end was a little scary but makeing FT's for a change was the difference.

Yes it was worth the drive and traffic. From what I heard on the radio we were lucky the game was not tonight.Oh the post game mob was cool to watch. Showed alot of school spirit. Hold on I just said school spirit regarding a NT sports event. Things really are looking up. We have a ways to go but Rome was not rebuilt in a short time. We old timers have to admint things have been worse.

Kingwood Green

Edited by kingwoodgreen