The Future...

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Guest Aquila_Viridis

is not looking so bright. This thing is being run so far into the ground, we won't be able to recruit to NT no matter who is the coach. Looks like an opportunity was missed last year. But I'm sure there will still be plenty who are willing to keep holding their breath.

is not looking so bright. This thing is being run so far into the ground, we won't be able to recruit to NT no matter who is the coach. Looks like an opportunity was missed last year. But I'm sure there will still be plenty who are willing to keep holding their breath.

What?

The future doesn't look bright? The future would be the freshmen on this team and the verbals we have to this point. Seems pretty good to me.

Being run into the ground? Please explain

What opportunity was missed last year?

Been supporting the team all my life and won't be changing now. It is unbelievable the lack of patience with the new coaching staff!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

If we lose the 'faithful', they are not the faitful. We don't need them anyway. True fans will stay, those are the only ones we want.

Problem is, at this rate the few 'faithful' is all we're ever going to have. Not enough. I'll go ahead and say it, I didn't come up there today, cause I knew after last week what was coming. I don't see too many of the faithful who seem disappointed; they seem to think this is all according to plan. That's one heckuva plan.

I'm certainly still optimistic, but my enthusiasm for the future has been dampened a bit. Too me, a lot of it goes back to the decision Dodge made in hiring high school instead of seasoned college coaches at so many critical positions. I hope these rookie assistants prove me wrong in that assessment sooner rather than later.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

What?

The future doesn't look bright? The future would be the freshmen on this team and the verbals we have to this point. Seems pretty good to me.

Being run into the ground? Please explain

What opportunity was missed last year?

Been supporting the team all my life and won't be changing now. It is unbelievable the lack of patience with the new coaching staff!

I admire your longtime support. If only your university offered back as much as you have given. There are not enough others like you to overcome the mismanagement.

I say the opportunity was missed to get someone who could have made something, ANYTHING out of this season. Then I would have faith about the seasons to come. All I see is evidence of ineptitude.

I guess I should have used the word "fans" instead of the word "faithful." All I'm saying is: we've got a lot of good things going on at the University right now with higher school spirit being shown, more students on campus, etc. that I wouldn't want all of that stuff to be diminished by a terrible football team.

I was there tonight, and I'll be there again and again. Again, I'm just disappointed in the lack of growth and improvement throughout the season. In fact, I'd say areas such as team discipline and special teams have gotten worse.

We can be the most patient of fans because we'll be there for this team through the lowest of lows (and I mean LOW). However, with our dedication also comes the right to criticize, overreact, and pretty much just bitch and moan on a fansite after a tough loss.

I admire your longtime support. If only your university offered back as much as you have given. There are not enough others like you to overcome the mismanagement.

I say the opportunity was missed to get someone who could have made something, ANYTHING out of this season. Then I would have faith about the seasons to come. All I see is evidence of ineptitude.

I know, the sky is falling. What did you expect after a 3-8 season of Dickey ball?

I don't think the future is bleak by no means the journey is just beginning. If Dodge is not improving two seasons from now then we may be in trouble but not yet. Recruits know that this it is Dodge's first year and it will take time to build up his game-plan. There is really no need to panic.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I don't think the future is bleak by no means the journey is just beginning. If Dodge is not improving two seasons from now then we may be in trouble but not yet. Recruits know that this it is Dodge's first year and it will take time to build up his game-plan. There is really no need to panic.

I'm not panicking, man. I'm getting sick. The results even this season should not be so bad. We're now way into the season too.

Unfortunately, I do think a lot of it is the coaches. Every game seems to come down to the same thing, the other team makes better adjustments after half time than we do. Even against LaMo, they made better adjustments after half time and looked much better. Same thing happened with SMU, FAU, LaLa and again tonight. We have a winnable game going into the second half and things fall apart.

I guess I should have used the word "fans" instead of the word "faithful." All I'm saying is: we've got a lot of good things going on at the University right now with higher school spirit being shown, more students on campus, etc. that I wouldn't want all of that stuff to be diminished by a terrible football team.

I was there tonight, and I'll be there again and again. Again, I'm just disappointed in the lack of growth and improvement throughout the season. In fact, I'd say areas such as team discipline and special teams have gotten worse.

We can be the most patient of fans because we'll be there for this team through the lowest of lows (and I mean LOW). However, with our dedication also comes the right to criticize, overreact, and pretty much just bitch and moan on a fansite after a tough loss.

+1 Very well said. I think you have summed up my opionion so far. I really didn't think we would win many games this season but as you mentioned, I did expect to see a little more growth and improvement in certain areas this season that we don't seem to be seeing.

I honestly thought our players hung with MT much better than I expected. We lost the game tonight only because of turnovers and mistakes against a much more seasoned team. Last weekend we were manhandled. Tonight was a game that could have been won. The 3rd period pick that was returned for a score (on the next play) completely changed the momentum which had been going in our favor.

The future is bright until we start slipping in recruiting and attendance. I think you guys are underestimating the coaching staff's ability to recruit. It is going to take a few seasons of inept play before it seriously starts to affect recruiting IMHO. The coaching staff will get a pass from their peers for at least this year and probably the next as well.

Good crowd again tonight to see a 1 win team. Sadly, I could not believe the thousands of students that still linger outside of the stadium. We got to the game late (middle of the first). At that time, there seemed to be as many students outside the stadium as there were inside :(

I honestly thought our players hung with MT much better than I expected. We lost the game tonight only because of turnovers and mistakes against a much more seasoned team. Last weekend we were manhandled. Tonight was a game that could have been won. The 3rd period pick that was returned for a score (on the next play) completely changed the momentum which had been going in our favor.

The future is bright until we start slipping in recruiting and attendance. I think you guys are underestimating the coaching staff's ability to recruit. It is going to take a few seasons of inept play before it seriously starts to affect recruiting IMHO. The coaching staff will get a pass from their peers for at least this year and probably the next as well.

Good crowd again tonight to see a 1 win team. Sadly, I could not believe the thousands of students that still linger outside of the stadium. We got to the game late (middle of the first). At that time, there seemed to be as many students outside the stadium as there were inside :(

What has been going on this season was determined on the Winter Texas HS recruiting trails the previous 3-4 years; sorry, there is just no other way to say it.

I would be curious to know how the next 2 recruiting classes (even beyond this early class which includes a Texas State Top 100 Quarterback); anyway, had we had those DFW/Texas HS recruited classes on campus now, how many games would we have won this Fall with mostly Dodge Ball-type players such as we are are seeing in his early class of commits who will soon enough be housed in one of our fabulous ultra-modern Mean Green Village dorms?

Looking at this another way, the good part of all this is that there were some winnable SBC games this Fall with just a small handful of Dodge's recruits (that he had 17 days to recruit after his hiring last December).

I think some chill pills need to be prescribed in abundance for a hardy handful on this board who after every loss this season with DD Ball players now under a totally different system seem to always want to burn the Mean Green barn down to kill the mouse. You who gave Dickey 5 years to have his first above .500 season in Denton need to consider hosing down your torches.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

What has been going on this season was determined on the Winter Texas HS recruiting trails the previous 3-4 years; sorry, there is just no other way to say it.

I would be curious to know how the next 2 recruiting classes (even beyond this early class which includes a Texas State Top 100 Quarterback); anyway, had we had those DFW/Texas HS recruited classes on campus now, how many games would we have won this Fall with mostly Dodge Ball-type players such as we are are seeing in his early class of commits who will soon enough be housed in one of our fabulous ultra-modern Mean Green Village dorms?

Looking at this another way, the good part of all this is that there were some winnable SBC games this Fall with just a small handful of Dodge's recruits (that he had 17 days to recruit after his hiring last December).

I think some chill pills need to be prescribed in abundance for a hardy handful on this board who after every loss this season with DD Ball players now under a totally different system seem to always want to burn the Mean Green barn down to kill the mouse. You who gave Dickey 5 years to have his first above .500 season in Denton need to consider hosing down your torches.

Check and mate. I think the first two years are a "free pass" if you will. After that, it will become Dodge's team with his players, not DD. Is it disappointing? YES. Do I end my Saturdays in a bad mood? YES. But being the faithful fan I am, I'm ready every Saturday to support MY Mean Green no matter what. We always want everything NOW NOW NOW and it's just not going to happen now. Ya, I'd like to have more than one win with the season half over and ya it sucks. But, it's just a matter of time. We can't throw in the towel yet. This team is just getting it's feet wet.

We have some freshman that have awesome potential. Sam Dribrell looked great tonight I thought. Micah is very explosive and thought he looked good tonight just like usual. Vizza is still developing but I'm confident he will get much sharper. So don't quit on them just yet.