Central Grill

LAZER

I went to eat at Central Grill this morning which is located next door to Hooya in the shopping center behind the maple dormitory. They have all kinds of North Texas memorabilia including nearly all the Nt sports jerseys framed, signed Bball by the entire 2007 tourney team, tons of pictures of great north Texas moments (some of which are signed), Scrappy stuffed animals hanging form the ceiling, an old school Joe Greene jersey that is signed, Nt banners hanging form the roof, all the North Texas frats and sorority logos on the roof, a unt golf bag hanging form the roof, all the team schedule posters, and all the employees were wearing Nt shirts and hats (the correct color green!). I thought this was great that a business is trying to support the University so strongly. Additionally their food and beer choices are good and the manager/owner told me that every time a NT game is ever on t.v. it will be played on both of the two big flat screens. She said she spoke to the athletic dept. this week and they confirmed with her that the game would not be aired in the area.... :angry: Anyways, what shes doing there is great and if you are ever around try and stop in and have a bite to eat because we need more business owners like her!

I went to eat at Central Grill this morning which is located next door to Hooya in the shopping center behind the maple dormitory. They have all kinds of North Texas memorabilia including nearly all the Nt sports jerseys framed, signed Bball by the entire 2007 tourney team, tons of pictures of great north Texas moments (some of which are signed), Scrappy stuffed animals hanging form the ceiling, an old school Joe Greene jersey that is signed, Nt banners hanging form the roof, all the North Texas frats and sorority logos on the roof, a unt golf bag hanging form the roof, all the team schedule posters, and all the employees were wearing Nt shirts and hats (the correct color green!). I thought this was great that a business is trying to support the University so strongly. Additionally their food and beer choices are good and the manager/owner told me that every time a NT game is ever on t.v. it will be played on both of the two big flat screens. She said she spoke to the athletic dept. this week and they confirmed with her that the game would not be aired in the area.... :angry: Anyways, what shes doing there is great and if you are ever around try and stop in and have a bite to eat because we need more business owners like her!

I went there last week and was impressed too! Nice place. Loved the menu. The staff was cool and, of course, tons of memorabilia to go around...including us and TWU.

Haven't been back in a while. Is it directly next to Hooya? If so...what's in the place behind Chicken Express now? It's been a burger place and a sandwich shoppe. I think they were ice cream at some point too. It's changed so many times I don't even remember what it was when I got there (Chinese, maybe?), or even what it was last time I was around.