Good Move

SUMG

Kudos to the Athletic Department for moving the start of the Cameron game...back 30 minutes to 7:30.

This will allow folks plenty of time (provided there's no OT)....to get from the Navy football game to the Cameron basketball game. And they should be in their seats in time, for the Banner raising.

Good move, Athletic Department.

Edited by SUMG

Kudos to the Athletic Department for moving the start of the Cameron game...back 30 minutes to 7:30.

This will allow folks plenty of time (provided there's no OT)....to get from the Navy football game to the Cameron basketball game. And they should be in their seats in time, for the Banner raising.

Good move, Athletic Department.

Smart move. They should hang out free tickets for the basketball game when you go into the football game and try to pack out the Pit.

Now, if they will just move all the tip-offs to 7:30 so that our fans who fight the drive from Dallas to Denton can get to a game before tipoff. What difference does 30 minutes make other than the athletic department's hope against hope that the score will make the 10 o'clock sports in the area?.......and we know how much the local sports reports care about giving a North Texas score.

Now, if they will just move all the tip-offs to 7:30 so that our fans who fight the drive from Dallas to Denton can get to a game before tipoff. What difference does 30 minutes make other than the athletic department's hope against hope that the score will make the 10 o'clock sports in the area?.......and we know how much the local sports reports care about giving a North Texas score.

There's always more than one side to everything. 7pm weeknight tips make it possible for my family to stay the whole game. With elementary age children, we aren't going to stay past 9pm on a school night (and most 7pm games are over around 9). The unfortunate side effect of (possibly) getting more people to (try :blink: ) to make it up on I-35 on those nights might be lower attendance from families who don't want to go if they can't stay for the whole game.

Just another thought.

What time do the UCLA games start? How about OU? Think they arrange times so folks can get there from Oklahoma City???? I know OSU fans make it to Stillwater whatever time the game tips off to pack the house! If fans want to make a 7PM tip off from Dallas they fertainly can...I have a drive back and forth from dallas EVERY week day of the week as I work in Dallas...my son was a basketball ball boy for many years and we made it to the games in plenty of time. I leave work between 5 and 5:30pm on games days and make it in time for tipoff. Maybe it's just me...but I even make the 6:30PM Coach Dodge radio show on Mondays.....but, I do work in a location on LBJ near Midway now, but for years was in Bedford or in Downtown Dallas...if you call the Crescent downtown Dallas. It can be done...I know I diod it, and I tend to agree with the 7PM start on weekdays for our family types with kids....been there!

If folks want to make it, they usually can find a way...not always, I agree, but more often than not...might be tough, but....good luck to all in getting to the games and thanks for being a fan big enough to care about this issue!