Locked Threads/bans

mad dog

I suggest we all take a second and review the forum rules. This is because, over the last 24 hours, just about all of them have been violated repeatedly. I count four locked topics and two bans. While the cause of this sudden rash of personal attacks, trolling, and arguing with forum policy is uncertain, it should stop. Please consider this as a blanket warning.

The forum rules are in place to ensure this is a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for Mean Green fans. Attacking others is not the way to make this happen. Arguing policy and sniping at administrators is not the way to make this happen. Trolling the board just to stir things up is not the way to make this happen.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion, no matter how unpopular. Everyone is welcome to disagree with other's opinions. Just abide by forum policy while you're discussing them.

Thanks everyone, and Go Mean Green!

not trying to step over the line but way to many members have become overly sensitive as of late.

Obviously not many like the shenanigans of Dodge2007 but he is no worse than scores, but oh well that is the life of a privately run message board. Keep up the good work guys.

Edited by untbowler

I run some sites like this, so I know that it's a pain in the ass to allow open discussion and keep flamewars and other stuff from getting out of hand. Harry and the other admins have my support in running this board as they see fit.

But I'm not clear on what's prompting all of the thread locks, aside from one of the painted "M-E-A-N G-R-E-E-N" students objecting to some comments here, so it's difficult to steer clear of the subjects that are causing so many problems.

I run some sites like this, so I know that it's a pain in the ass to allow open discussion and keep flamewars and other stuff from getting out of hand. Harry and the other admins have my support in running this board as they see fit.

But I'm not clear on what's prompting all of the thread locks, aside from one of the painted "M-E-A-N G-R-E-E-N" students objecting to some comments here, so it's difficult to steer clear of the subjects that are causing so many problems.

Aside from the thread you mentioned, most of it has been attacks on other posters. As long as you maintain a civil tone with others, you should be good.