Smu Wins But Loses In May Ways....

tommyp

Even though we lost the game last night we did play our hearts out. A little help from the ref's and a few stupid passes and idiotic penalties kept us from a win. But the biggest victory last night was the fact that UNT fans came out in the thousands!!!!! It is a true embarassment to SMU and ther fans that they had an equal amount if not less fans at there home stadium than we did. I would be ashamed if I were there alumni! UNT was much louder and more into the game than SMU. I give them credit, they did pull the game out in the end ans showed some good signs of a contending team.

I want to say gret job to our fans though, I bet SMU was shocked when they saw all that green in the stands. Keep it up!

By the way, Justin Willis might be the most overrated QB out there. Good runner but horrible passer! My 10 year old nephew puts LESS air under his deep balls. Where the hell was that guy throwing the ball half the time? I especially liked the deep route to the kids on the hill by the scoreboard. He almost hit them in full stride.

I've got to agree the fans showed up in force and were full of energy. Even with a lose the team was very exciting and impressive I think we held on to everyone who was there and probably earned quite a few new fans with that game.

Let not bash QBs fir putting too much air under the ball. I refuse bash a guy who passes for 600 yards so I'll stay out of the Meager debate this week but lets not bash the other guy for having the same problem as our guy.

A little help from the ref's

I'm not sure what was the worse of the two horrible calls last night, but possibly the mythical face-mask that allowed SMU out of their 3rd and 18 from the 3 yard line.

We were tied 31-31 at that point and should have gotten the ball back to take the lead. Instead we get a face-mask somehow by tackling around the waist? 1st down SMU.

The knee being down there at the end didn't help either. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but it showed a horrible bias none the less, or so it seemed. TD called timeout to discuss it and the back judge immediately turned his back to our sideline and tried to walk away because he watched the replay showing that the WR's knee was down, and should have been a loss.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I do not like to complain about calls but man we got killed last night on some of those bogus calls! Not sure if the outcome would have been different but I think we all know (including SMU) that they got off easy with that win!

Did you see where they took, what looked to me like, quite a shot on Meager's helmet while in the pocket? Is that not a penalty in college?