Great Find On Ebay.com..........

FirefightnRick

Some guy had just what I was looking for. I wonder how he knew? :D

wntfirehelmet_500x375.jpg

See y'all Saturday morning.

Rick

Did you have a sign company plot the North Texas on vinyl for you and then use vinyl tape for the stripes? Is the shield on the front leather riveted to the helmet?

Rick, have you been getting a new helmet for each change? or did you just replace the stickers on the green one when we changed from script?

I may be incorrect, but I believe FFR changes helmets every year. He has the previous years helmet signed by as many players as he can get, then the helmet goes into a place of honor.

adman- No, I always use an authentic sticker package from ADI, suppliers of the Mean Green.

Deep- Up yours! :angry:, Just kidding because the truth hurts. :P But just give the white a bit of time till you see it in person. You never know, it may grow on you? At least I don't have to look at it.

JayDub- This is my third helmet. The very first one, a composite MSA 60's era Topgard(looks just like the two above) was an old FWFD helmet my father brought home for my brother and I to play with when we were kids. I painted it and eventually had it signed by the entire 2001 team and retired it. The second helmet and the green one above is an original impact resistant plastic MSA Topgard(better known as a John & Roy after the show "Emergency") was painted for me by Riddell back in '02 when the team sent their helmets in. The paint job on that helmet was so extremely nice that I just didn't want to paint over it. So luckily I was able to retire that one when I found another 60's era MSA Topgard on eBay two weeks ago for little to nothing. I stripped it down and hit it with about 6 coats of Centurion Acrylic Enamel automotive paint. It's different! These helmets are highly sought after, especially when they are customized to look like the orginal "LA County" helmets used on "Emergency". I got lucky someone was selling one with little to no description.

Brett- You should know by now DJ won't let me spend my allowance like that?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I love 'em... keep that sprit aglow FFR! We love you!!