Drc Blog On Cliff Higgs, Agbottah Takes Loren's Spot

OldTimer

A question from Dennis on Cliff Higgs

Dennis sent me an e-mail today asking about how Cliff Higgs has looked in practice.

Higgs has done well, but it appears as if UNT is leaning toward playing Kartey Agbottah alongside Aaron Weathers at safety now that Roy Loren has left the team.

Higgs is listed as the backup to Weathers, an all-conference safety and arguably UNT's best defensive player. When Loren left, it opened a spot for another starting safety and Agbottah is going to get every opportunity to fill that spot. Head coach Todd Dodge said just yesterday that Agbottah has the potential to be a terrific player if he can capitalize on his potential.

Higgs will see some time at safety and should also make a big impact on special teams. He finished with 17 and 16 tackles the last two seasons, respectively. I expect him to exceed those totals this year while playing a significant role as a backup.

Posted

A question from Dennis on Cliff Higgs

Dennis sent me an e-mail today asking about how Cliff Higgs has looked in practice.

Higgs has done well, but it appears as if UNT is leaning toward playing Kartey Agbottah alongside Aaron Weathers at safety now that Roy Loren has left the team.

Higgs is listed as the backup to Weathers, an all-conference safety and arguably UNT's best defensive player. When Loren left, it opened a spot for another starting safety and Agbottah is going to get every opportunity to fill that spot. Head coach Todd Dodge said just yesterday that Agbottah has the potential to be a terrific player if he can capitalize on his potential.

Higgs will see some time at safety and should also make a big impact on special teams. He finished with 17 and 16 tackles the last two seasons, respectively. I expect him to exceed those totals this year while playing a significant role as a backup.

Posted

What about Steve Warren at the other safety.