Starting Lb's

H-towngreen

Without a doubt our LB corp has been the deepest position for several years now. And this year is no different, as it seems to be filled with studs. Last year we had a 3-4 allowing more LB's on the field, but this year we are back to the 4-3. Who do yall see as our 3 starting LB's?

Personally I would like to see:

Holman- the surest starter of the group

Monroe- I love his athleticism

Nwigwe- ditto

These 3 would be able to cover alot of the field.

After that we still have plenty of talent to bring in

Mendoza

Mahan

Dawson

Robertson

Penson

It seems as though we're going to be loaded for years to come as well.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Starters: Holman, Monroe, and Mendoza. Backups: Durodoye, Mahan, Dawson, Owusu-Hemeng, and Sykes. Heopefully we can redshirt the freshmen.

Oops! You left Nwigwe out of your mix. He should either start or be first off of the bench. I don't think that Durodoye plays as a linebacker but he will see a lot of special teams play. Maybe Seidle can be added to that list. Lawrence Brown is listed as a LB but will probably be a special teams player. I think that Sykes will probably be a defensive end. I share your views on redshirting the freshmen.

Now that practices are starting we will get a better idea of "who fits where" in the 4-3 again. My predictions?

LOLB: Maurice Holman / Germaine Dawson / Penson

MLB: Derek Mendoza / Tobe Nwigwe / Justin Padron (he is a born leader and I think he could contribute this year. He just needs to put on a few lbs)

ROLB: Brandon Monroe / Colt Mahan / Robertson

Just a guess, like everyone else. I also think Woody Wilson gets some time at ROLB this year!

Calm down EMM. I'm only kidding!!!!...Hehe.

GMG!!!

The coaching staff seemed really high on Craig Robertson...and Brandon Monroe has had a bit of a Jamario-like career here...hasn't lived up to the enormous expectations heaped upon him after a great freshman year. I think Monroe holds on to the starting spot early, but by the end of the year Robertson could easilly be starting. Also, nobody played better down the stretch last season than Colt Mahan...and while i love what Derek Mendoza has brought to this team the past 3 years, I think Mahan will win the starting MLB spot.

Depth Chart:

• LOLB - Maurice Holman / Tobe Nwigwe / Germaine Dawson
  • MLB - Colt Mahan / Derek Mendoza / A.J. Penson
  • ROLB - Brandon Monroe / Craig Robertson / Raifu Duroyde

All and all...you have to be very comfortable with this group...and as many as 7 of these guys could easilly be starters.