Media Sports Coverage?

Charlie NT 73

Did anyone see anything on TV regarding our spring game?

I was watching sports- changing channels every few minutes Sunday night,

but never saw anything regarding the NT spring game.

I saw the small articles in the DamnMN, and FW*T.

I thought the FW*T report was the best of the 2 papers.

One would think the local sports guys would cover this event-

The DRC had some good reports-Good for our hometown paper!

Did anyone see anything on TV regarding our spring game?

I was watching sports- changing channels every few minutes Sunday night,

but never saw anything regarding the NT spring game.

I saw the small articles in the DamnMN, and FW*T.

I thought the FW*T report was the best of the 2 papers.

One would think the local sports guys would cover this event-

The DRC had some good reports-Good for our hometown paper!

For Television:

Very good Rangers game in the afternoon on Sunday. Mavs' first home playoff game of the season, and they lost it... Byron Nelson is on the way. And Football season is 5 months away.

As for the Papers:

I really don't know why they can't send a scribbler up to Denton to give us a little love, but honestly... I didn't even know we had 5000+ people up there until Monday night. What story is there anyhow that doesn't exceed more than a paragraph? There is still a long way to go.

One of our staffers here at NTTV took some highlights and a sound-bite from Dodge to Ch. 52 yesterday. Whether or not they used it for Soutwest Kia Sportstalk or not, I don't know.

Also, NTTV was out there shooting the game. It was the first time since the early nineties that we've attempted to produce a football game. We don't have the capability to broadcast live from Fouts, but we will be airing the spring game several times between now and the beginning of the season.

Edited by jimbojimjim

One of our staffers here at NTTV took some highlights and a sound-bite from Dodge to Ch. 52 yesterday. Whether or not they used it for Soutwest Kia Sportstalk or not, I don't know.

Also, NTTV was out there shooting the game. It was the first time since the early nineties that we've attempted to produce a football game. We don't have the capability to broadcast live from Fouts, but we will be airing the spring game several times between now and the beginning of the season.

Excellent news Jim. Good to hear NTTV is taking a proactive approach in bettering itself and the athletics dept of UNT. Nothing but a win-win situation if you ask me. BTW if you ever send out highlights again, just let me know and I will stop by the RTVF building to take some highlights to channel 33. You don't even have to drive anywhere now...

Thanks for the info and the attempt to get highlights to a local channel. Questions: I don't know the technical things needed but is there a way to transfer video and interview clips to a local station other than by hand-delivered courier? Is it possible to transfer via an internet link or how does video normally get sent to a station via link?

Edited by NT80

Thanks for the info and the attempt to get highlights to a local channel. Questions: I don't know the technical things needed but is there a way to transfer video and interview clips to a local station other than by hand-delivered courier? Is it possible to transfer via an internet link or how does video normally get sent to a station via link?

Could be satellite or microwave. Internet video quality just isn't viable right now.

Hey thanks for the info- I was wondering who the video guy was following the

coaches and players-

The video guy you might have seen was athletics. Both their crew and ours where out there shooting. They were shooting for the video scoreboard and for a live webstream on MGpremium.

I would like to see entire replays of past games- do you guys have

any past games available?

We have some games down in our archive, but nothing newer than '92 or '93. I will ask Mark, our Programming Director and see if he might want to run a few of those games before this season starts up.

Excellent news Jim. Good to hear NTTV is taking a proactive approach in bettering itself and the athletics dept of UNT. Nothing but a win-win situation if you ask me. BTW if you ever send out highlights again, just let me know and I will stop by the RTVF building to take some highlights to channel 33. You don't even have to drive anywhere now...

This is good to hear. Hopefully the next sports director will utilize this reasource as I will graduate in May. BTW, is CW33 hiring?