New Design For Sink Navy T-shirt

NT1978

I sure hope everyone that is replying about the shirts will call the Exes Center on Campus and order their "Sink Navy" shirts TODAY! We need to get behind this project and let the Exes know we appreciate their efforts in trying to "fill the house" and to create some excitement for UNT games. I've got five on order....don't cost much and they will look great on game day against Navy. Give the UNT EXES A CALL TODAY!

I agree with you about not doing one for every home game as I think it does dilute the impact, but I completely disagree with your reasoning.

Honestly, to me it sounds like we should just replace "a lot of incoming freshmen" and "the student population" with "TheTastyGreek". As in, your highschool experience sucked, so you make the assumption the majority of UNT students are in the same boat.

A lot of people that attend UNT do in fact enjoy sports and wouldn't view the university doing crazy and outlandish things like "promoting games" or "making t-shirts to create excitement" as "too much like Highschool". Most alumni and older students just haven't had anything to cheer about until the last 5-6 years.

I think the culture of the university is changing, and becoming more well-rounded. That means, more students that DO enjoy sports that don't view the school as a "liberal arts or bust" type school, and would like to see us have success in EVERYTHING we do.

Much like UT has been able to do over the last 10 years.

now I get what you are saying... the rant about t-shirts and highschool threw me off...

but yes, I agree. No reason to have "Raze the Raiders" or "Give Worry to the Warhawks" shirts because these are not teams anyone gives a rat's a$$ about in the first place. We would do much better to hand out the green shirts (ideally in the correct color) that say something about North Texas or I Bleed Green, as you suggested.

I love the Navy shirt, I'm glad it is being made. Kudos to the Exes. I'd like to have one, but I'm not driving to Denton to get one, so unless they mail them out I'll have to do without.

I'd like us to show up to SMU with some university-sponsored t-shirts to help pack that place with Green. I think that would make a good statement about our pride in NT!