Memphis Down Nevada By 16

NT03

I don't believe Nevada ever lead in this game. Of course we didn't get to see most of it as CBS would have rather had us watch the 18 point blowout lead by USC over Texas with 12 minutes to go over the 2 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the Memphis game.

It's interesting that Memphis has stepped up their freethrow shooting. Going into the tournament they were the worst. They did very well against us and today shot 76%, one of the best in the tournament. A&M will be a tough matchup for them in San Antonio with a vast homecourt advantage. But anything is possible.

Rick

From what I saw in the game , we gave the Tigers a much tougher time than the 7th seeded Wolf pack

Is it possible that the jitters and nerves were getting the best of both teams when we played Memphis? That is quite possible....and also maybe Memphis didnt really take us seriously until the later parts of the first half and thats when they really put the pedal to the metal and went on that late run.

I don't believe Nevada ever lead in this game. Of course we didn't get to see most of it as CBS would have rather had us watch the 18 point blowout lead by USC over Texas with 12 minutes to go over the 2 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the Memphis game.

It's interesting that Memphis has stepped up their freethrow shooting. Going into the tournament they were the worst. They did very well against us and today shot 76%, one of the best in the tournament. A&M will be a tough matchup for them in San Antonio with a vast homecourt advantage. But anything is possible.

Rick

Nevada played us tough, they got within two in the second half. They started fouling us at the 1:30 mark and we were knocking them down this game so it opened up our lead at the end. Nevada was always able to get a bucket when they needed one to keep us from going on a run. They would close to within two and then we would open it up to a 5 - 8 point lead. I think both teams played us really tough.

Chris Douglas-Roberts went down early in the second half with an ankle injury that looked nasty and is in doubt for the TAM game. He had to be carried to the training room and didn't come back out. Without him that game scares me.

Nevada played us tough, they got within two in the second half. They started fouling us at the 1:30 mark and we were knocking them down this game so it opened up our lead at the end. Nevada was always able to get a bucket when they needed one to keep us from going on a run. They would close to within two and then we would open it up to a 5 - 8 point lead. I think both teams played us really tough.

Chris Douglas-Roberts went down early in the second half with an ankle injury that looked nasty and is in doubt for the TAM game. He had to be carried to the training room and didn't come back out. Without him that game scares me.

I'm for you guys going all the way. A&M will be tough, but you guys are good.