Avery Johnson "bleeding Green"

In today's DMN Mavericks Briefs, there is a footnote article indicating that Avery Johnson, coach of the Mavs, said his allegiance is firmly behind North Texas now that his alma mater (Southern University) didn't make the tourney. "Since Southern didn't make it and they're out of it, I may give him (JJ) some more tips," Johnson said. " WE need to upset somebody in the first round. I'm excited about North Texas."

I see a beautiful friendship in the making between two classy coaches--not too bad to have Avery as a fan, is it?

Check out full text under "Buckner, George have outside job" at http://www.dallasnews.com/sports

I'm a die hard Spurs fan (note the SA in my name) but Avery was always one of my favorite Spurs... So despite his Mavs connection, I'm happy the former Spur is backing the Green. :lol:

There will always be a special place in every Spurs fan's heart for Avery Johnson, the man whose jump shot gave the Spurs their first NBA title back in 1999. AJ does have good taste in college basketball teams.