Big Advantage For Us (smu Game)

SUMG

Well I will defer to those of you who have been around this area longer then I have. But it just seems like we talk about this game waaaaay more then they do.

From the SMU board in regards to losing to us:

From "Peruna2001"

Is anybody worried about losing to NTSU again because of not enough time to rest/prepare for that game?

It would be even worse if we somehow were able to upset Tech and then lose to NTSU. Of course any loss to NTSU would suck whether we won the week before or not.

From "PerunaPower" in response

I just don't see that happening. I think the guys have had that date circled on the calendar since last September. It's at home, in front of our crowd, and we'll pissed off, sounds like a winning combination.

Later in the thread from "AlexLifeson"

We have an open date before the Oct. 13th game against S. Miss. They play Rice, on Wednesday night Oct. the 3rd. It is also their homecoming game. Oh by the way, ya know NTS will be thrilled with our game against Tech being played on what will probably be a draining hot Labor Day afternoon, with only five days to recover, and prepare for the (eagles? mean green, whatever).
And another

While I'd love for SMU to beat Tech, I think it's unlikely. The game against UNT (as some of you have already said) may very well be the make or break game of the seaon and of Bennett's tenure at SMU. No doubt UNT will be fired up for this one and Dodge will get a lot of hype from the local media. Obviously SMU will be thinking payback. Win this game and you're 2-1 (worst case) going to FW with a good amount of confidence...lose it and you're 1-2 going to FW with very little confidence. I wish I could be there to watch the game against UNT but I'll be checking the score from from Austin.

They're talking about us plenty.