Former Coach Harold Etheridge

BobFam

Didn't see this posted yet.

Here's the link and story:

Link

Huskies add offensive line coach

January 30, 2007

From STAFF REPORTS

DEKALB - Northern Illinois football coach Joe Novak has hired former North Texas assistant Harold Etheridge to be the team's offensive line coach.

Etheridge, who has spent 18 years as a Division I coach, worked with current Huskie offensive coordinator John Bond during his four seasons (2000-03) at Army. Prior to that, he coached for nine seasons at Illinois State.

Etheridge replaces Sam Pittman, who has moved on to North Carolina.

"I am very pleased to have found someone who brings a great deal of experience," said Novak. "Harold worked with John Bond for several years at Army, so it will be an easy transition for our offensive staff. It's a key area going into next year because we have to replace two starters (left tackle Doug Free and guard Matt Rogers) on the offensive line."

Etheridge was on the North Texas staff the past three seasons. UNT head coach Darrell Dickey, who coached at the school nine seasons, was let go with three games remaining this season when his team was 2-7. They finished 3-9. Dickey had won four straight Sun Belt Conference titles and made four straight trips to the New Orleans Bowl from 2001-04 but went 2-9 in 2005.

Didn't see this posted yet.

Here's the link and story:

Link

Huskies add offensive line coach

January 30, 2007

From STAFF REPORTS

DEKALB - Northern Illinois football coach Joe Novak has hired former North Texas assistant Harold Etheridge to be the team's offensive line coach.

Etheridge, who has spent 18 years as a Division I coach, worked with current Huskie offensive coordinator John Bond during his four seasons (2000-03) at Army. Prior to that, he coached for nine seasons at Illinois State.

Etheridge replaces Sam Pittman, who has moved on to North Carolina.

"I am very pleased to have found someone who brings a great deal of experience," said Novak. "Harold worked with John Bond for several years at Army, so it will be an easy transition for our offensive staff. It's a key area going into next year because we have to replace two starters (left tackle Doug Free and guard Matt Rogers) on the offensive line."

Etheridge was on the North Texas staff the past three seasons. UNT head coach Darrell Dickey, who coached at the school nine seasons, was let go with three games remaining this season when his team was 2-7. They finished 3-9. Dickey had won four straight Sun Belt Conference titles and made four straight trips to the New Orleans Bowl from 2001-04 but went 2-9 in 2005.

I suspect we will be seeing him for our 1st home game this year.